Beginning of a love story

After the swayamvar Karna returned to Hastinapur with the Kauravas. Duryodhana felt sad for Karna but Karna said that he already forgot everything.  

Duryodhana, 'I don't know how could you forgive that arrogant princess. She insulted you and you still respected her. Are you really a human? Don't you want revenge?'

Karna smiled, 'I don't waste my time on revenge Mitra.' Saying that Karna took his leave for few days from Duryodhana as his sister was coming with her baby and Karna needed to help his parents with the rice eating ceremony for his nephew. Duryodhana sighed thinking about Karna, sometimes he really did not understand this man.  How could be someone so selfless and calm? 

On the other hand, Shakuni was suspicious about the brahmin who won the swayamvar, so he stationed some spies on Kalimpya. They informed him about Pandavas and their marriage with Draupadi. The spies also informed him that Vasudev gave them protection and now the Pandavas were coming back as they had the support of both Panchal and Dwarka. Duryodhana was enraged as he was sure that he would be declared as Yuvraj, but Shakuni had a different idea. 

Shakuni, 'Bacche they can never have the throne. They all married to a single woman, this kind of relationship is considered a sin in Kuruvansh. So if they claimed the throne we will protest saying that Pandavas committed a sin. Even Pitamaha cannot even go against the law. But you also need to make a new marriage alliance.'

Pandavas reached Hastinapur but as per the plan the Kauravas created a raucous saying that Pandavas committed a sin. Even the citizens of Hastinapur also felt it very weird. How could five brothers share a single woman? However, Vasudev managed everything saying that if the king did not give Pandavas their rights then it would be a problem for Hastinapur as now Pandavas had support from Dwarka and Panchal. Seeing this Vidur proposed that they should divide the kingdom. Duryodhana was angry at first, then he thought that he should handle the situation with intelligence, for that he needed Karna. So he asked one of the soldiers to inform Karna to come to the palace as soon as possible. 

Karna was busy in his house. Many guests came to their house for the rice eating ceremony and Karna, Shon and their two siblings were taking care of the guests. Radha also invited Mrinalini and her mother so that Karna could meet her. She asked Karna to help Mrinalini to decorate the house. Mrinalini from the beginning tried to woo him but Karna politely talked to her without showing any love interest. Mrinalini (thought), 'Why is he not falling for my charms?' Little did she know that even Urvashi could not be able to seduce Karna. 

Karna though busy in his work but was tensed as he knew that Pandavas were coming and he knew there would be a huge dispute regarding the kingdom. 

'Hey Narayan, I think fighting with the Asuras will be easier than this politics. Both the parties were stubborn. How am I supposed to unite these brothers?' thought Karna. 'Hello, did you listen to what I say?' Asked Mrinalini angrily. 'Sorry Deviji, I was a little unmindful. Can you please repeat?' said Karna. 'I a saying that as you see I have such beautiful hair. I use special oil from Vidisha Nagari only. I also prefer dresses from Ujjwain ....' continued Mrinalini.

Karna (in mind),'Oh, God! I don't need Bhyankarasur. My stupid 105 brothers and this single lady will be sufficient to kill me.' He asked, 'Deviji are you done painting the holy symbols on that door?' Then looking at the painting, Karna almost fainted. Mrinalini made a holy symbol with colors but that almost looked like some weird symbols, almost like a human skull. Karna somehow stopped his laugh and said, 'Deviji, I think you are very tired. Why don't you take some rest? Otherwise, you will have dark circles under your eyes.'

Mrinalini, 'Oh no, you are right. I need to take my beauty sleep. So sweet of you. You are very caring.'

Karna sighed, 'Thank God she left. Now I can finish the work in peace.'