Shishupal vadh

Shakuni was burning with jealousy. Vasudev Sri Krishna came to give an invitation for the Rajsuye Yagna to Dhritarashtra. From his spies, he came to know about Indraprastha, the most beautiful city after Dwarka. Shakuni was planning how to make the life of the Pandav a living hell. Now they had the support of hundred kings and it would be difficult for the Kauravs to get hold of the entire Aryavart as long as the Pandavas were there. 

Shakuni, 'I need to find a way that would instigate Duryadhana's jealousy for the Pandavas. Maybe the beauty and prosper of Indraprastha will develop some jealousy in him.'

Dhritarashtra decided that Shakuni, Aswatthama and Kauravas would go there. Vidur and Bheesm also decided to send Karna with them as if anything happened there Karna could stop the fight between the brothers. Avantika was also going as a bodyguard of the royal ladies.

Bheesm and Vidur asked Karna for a private meeting. Bheesm, 'Putra, I am giving the princes responsibility to you. You and only you can stop them to behave like mad bulls in the flower garden.'

Karna laughed, 'Mahamahim you have quite a faith in your grandchildren.'

Bheesm looked at Karna with admiration. At first, he was suspicious about his motive. But after he knew from Vidur that how he protected Pandavas from Varanavat, he started liking him. He also admired his knowledge, problem-solving skills, keen observations of administration works, decision-making ability and most importantly his fighting skills. He thought if Karna was Kshatriya and a member of Kuru family, then it would be easy for all as he had all the ability to be a king. Yudhishtir was good but he was too righteous for a king as a king should know to protect himself and his kingdom from cunning enemies. While Duryodhana was too volatile.  But Karna's presence made him more sincere and responsible. Karna was like a barrier between Kauravs and Pandavas. 

Karna, 'Don't worry I will do my best to keep everything in control. I will not let them tarnish Hastinapur's name, that's my promise to you.'

Vidur, 'But Karna be careful, that Shakuni and Chediraj Shishupal will also be there and it will create problems.'

Karna, 'I know, in fact, if this time Shishupal does anything, then I promise on the name of my Guru, I will show him his place.'

Bheesm remembered the day.

Chediraj Shishupal came to Hastinapur a few weeks back to discuss some matters. However, his main plan was to find some entertainment there. During his stay he drank wine, gambled, went to the courtesan's house with Dusshasshan. The palace maids were also afraid of his lustful behavior but because of Avantika ad Karna he could not do anything. Bheesm tried to give him subtle hints but he was too arrogant to listen. Then at one night he saw Meenakshi, Dusshasshan's wife and tried to misbehave with her. Dusshasshan never loved or respected her and often abused her. Shishupal tried to pull her saree but hearing her scream Avantika and Karna came to the scene. Actually, their marriage was fixed and they went to meet Gandhari to invite her for the engagement. While returning they decided to go and share the news with Meenakshi as well, as both Bhanumati and Avantika took her under their wings. When they rushed into her chamber they saw Shishupal was trying to r**e her. Karna immediately jumped on him and remove him from her. Then he beat him black and blue. Hearing the noise Bheesm and Vidur came, they wanted to take him to the court but Meenakshi requested them not to inform anyone as people would think bad about her as well.

Bheesm was happy that Karna again saved the honor of Kuruvansh. He was like a shield to their family. He thanked almighty for sending him. Now Bheesm also realized that the laws and caste systems should be changed. One should be recognized based on their talent not for their birth. In Hastinapur they reformed many laws like everyone should be given basic education, free health care was given to the poor, now the teachers could not discriminate among the students based on the caste. Some teachers like Dronacharya tried to stop this but when Avantika invited Sage Vashishta, Devi Arundhati, Sage Ved Vyas, Sage Viswamitra and Lord Parshuram, Guru Brihaspati and Shukracharya for a debate competition all the prejudiced teachers accepted their defeat.