The sacrifice of a brother

Everyone was shocked except Kunti and Karna. Shakuni smiled, 'What? I am speaking the truth. Yes Devi Kunti, I know your dirty secret. He is your illegitimate son. Really what a selfish woman you are. Whenever your legitimate sons need help you asked him, but your sons always belittle him. Even today you called him to save their skin. But you should thank me. Because of me, you all have a family reunion. What say slaves?'

Pandavas were shocked beyond their imagination. Karna...the sutputra whom they all envied, humiliated, taunted for no reason was their eldest brother. In their mind, they all know that he was better than them, and because of that, they were jealous of him. He was their brother who always protected them. Oh god, what a sin they had committed.

All the elders were also astounded and looked at Kunti who hung her head in shame. Today her past came back to haunt her in front of everyone. Her curse to see her sons as slaves was also fulfilled.

Bhanumati and Draupadi were also agitated. Draupadi's condition was worse. The person whom she always insulted as sutputra was a Kshatriya. Eldest of her husbands. That means he had his right too on her. No that could not be. The person whom she always insulted today came here to help her.

Suddenly Karna spoke in an icy voice, 'So you know the truth Gandharaj. Now I understand. This dice game... it's not only to humiliate the Pandavas but also to force me to come here to save them...right Prince Duryodhana. So now you are also making plans and conspiracies? I am impressed.'

Duryodhana hung his head in shame. He never wanted to bring his friend back like this, but he was clouded with jealousy.

Aswatthama spoke, 'You are very clever..in fact too clever and powerful for your own good. So that's why we need some strong motivation to tame you. Can't leave such a powerful Brahmmastra loose.'

Karna in mind, 'What a plan Shakuni. I am sure you are the mastermind as all others are not that smart. But I need to do something to save my brothers and Devi Panchali..But what?

Shakuni, 'Don't think much Karna. Bhanje..please tell him what to do...what's our condition?

Duryodhana looked at his mama helplessly. He didn't want to do it but he needed his friend back at any cost.

Duryodhana, 'Ka..Karna, I will let Draupadi go but in one condition. Please come back to me. You are my best friend. These brothers and the mother of yous never love you. All they want to use your power.'

Bhanumati looked at him with disgust..

Karna, 'And what you want Prince? You also want to use me to be the Samrat. So what's the difference?'

Duryodhana, 'No Mitra..I will always treat you as my friend. These Pandavas will never give you your rights. But I will make you a king of any prosperous kingdom. You will be my most trusted ally. You will receive the respect that you deserve. These Pandavas and their mother will never give you that. You are my elder brother and I will always respect you like taatshri. You will be recognized as a Kshatriya in the entire Aryavart. Just pledge your loyalty to me and promise me that you will make me a digvijayee Samrat and I will forgive Draupadi.'

Karna in mind, 'Hey Pravu, they made quite a strong Chakravyuh. If I agree then I will be enslaved for my entire life but if I disagree Draupadi's honor will be ruined. And my brothers...I have to something to free them and give them their kingdom back. What will I do?'

Suddenly an idea struck, 'Yes that's the only way to save them.'

Karna smiled calmly and said, 'Prince why do you think I am eager to have the tile of the Pandavas and Kshatriyas. I am Suta and I am happy with that tile. Yes, I want to save them out of humanity as cannot endure the dishonor of a woman. But I love my Suta parents more. I cannot leave them and come to you. If you want me to join you and leave them, then you have to ask for their permission as Adhirath baba is my father and he has the ultimate right on me.'