Shakuni's master plan (I)

Shakuni's spy informed him about the attack on Pandavas. He was also informed by another spy that Krishna and Kunti came to Karna's house at night and Karna went with them to Indraprastha and returned the next morning with Krishna. It was also declared to the citizens of Indraprastha that their king and other princes were out of danger but none knew how they were saved. The royal family did not mention anything about Karna's involvement, but Shakuni was sure that Karna had to do something with the miraculous recovery.

Shakuni, 'Panadavs were poisoned... everyone knew they were very critical...then Kunti herself came to Karna's house...Karna went to Indraprastha and the very next day all of them recovered. But nothing was mentioned about Karna. Karna was not a doctor, yet  Rajamata came to Karna's house at night. Something fishy....Shakuni you are trying to find Karna's weakness. Is Kunti Karna's weakness? But what's the connection? Did Karna help them just for Vasudev?'

Shakuni informed Mrinalini to keep an eye on Karna's family like a hawk and inform him of every detail. He decided to visit his trusted companion 'Mantra'. 

Mantra was a psychic who lived outside Hastinapur and was one of the most trusted allies of Shakuni

Mantra was a psychic who lived outside Hastinapur and was one of the most trusted allies of Shakuni. She was the one who helped Shakuni trap his father's soul in the dices. Mantra was dangerously adept in black magic. Till now Shakuni did not need her for his political game but now the hour has arrived. Karna was an enigma that only a psychic could unravel.

Shakuni, 'Mantra, I need your help. Till now I trapped everyone in my web of politics. Dhritarashtra blindly believed in me, even Gangaputra and Vidur cannot do anything to me, but Karna, I don't know what he is up to. I just want to know who is he? What are his intentions?'

Mantra, 'Shakuni, why do you need him? He was trying to change Duryadhaan for good and you didn't like that. Now that he has abandoned the prince, what's your problem now? You  should be happy.'

Shakuni, 'He is too powerful to be left alone. I desperately need to bring him to our side. Already some of the kings offered him positions. He also went to Indraprastha and got very close to Krishna.'

Mantra, 'SSSHHH, don't even dare to take his name here. It's too pure, I can't even think of his name. But Karna, give me something that he had used.'

Shakuni took out a small cloth that he got from Mrinalini who stole it from Karna's house. Mantra took that and placed it in a water bowl.