Aftermath II

Indraprastha

Draupadi entered her room and locked herself in. Even Bhim could not break the door. All the Pandavas and Kunti were helpless as they could not bring her out. 

'Wow, all the mightiest warriors are here. Great the Dharmraj himself also came back. I thought now you are going to spend the rest of your life as slaves', Hearing Krishna's voice the Pandavas turned around to see both Balram and Krishna along with Rukmini were standing.

Rukmini sarcastically, 'Nath how could you think like that? Those who have a brother like Karna who is standing like Kavach in front of his family, how could they be the slaves for the rest of their life?'

Saying that Rukmini went towards Draupadi's room. Upon her request, Draupadi opened the door and came out. She fell at Krishna's feet. 'Sakha, how can I forget the insult, the insult I faced today? They tried to disrobe me in front of the entire sabha.' she cried.

Krishna sadly, 'But your husband's brother saved you Panchali. He saved your honor. He freed you all in exchange for his life.'

Draupadi angrily took out her Churamani and threw it on the ground, 'I thought you as my protectors but you bet me like a property there. How could I blame those Kauravas when my own husbands threw me in front of the wolves?'

Yudhistir cried, 'We are so sorry. Draupadi I was blinded by my Dharma. And because of me, our brother is in danger. But I was just following my Dharma.'

Krishna, 'No you are not following Dharma. No Dharma allowed us to stake humans like possessions. You are just a greedy person who in the greed of wining more lost his senses. You pretend to be the most righteous but in fact you are nothing but a foolish king who cannot protect himself from conspiracies. You wanted to be the Chakravarty? What example did you set in  front of your subjects who lost his kingdom, his family and wife just to win a stupid game of dice? As per the rule you can easily stop the game at any moment. But no...the ego of the great Dharmaraj.'

Balram roared, 'I just can't believe it. My student Duryodhana could do such a thing.'

 Krishna, 'Dau, it's not completely Duryodhana's fault. Today whatever happened it was the result of the Pandavas, their mother's and Panchali's wrongdoings.'

The Pandavas were surprised.

Krishna, 'Since childhood you guys got everything you want like fame, praise, love. Just because you are devputra everyone thinks that you are the Messiah of them, an epitome of goodness. But all these praises make you arrogant. Tou started thinking about yourselves above everyone. You cannot tolerate the fact there is someone who can be better than you. Dharmraj did you ever protested when Dronacharya asked for Eklavya's finger...no...why...because he is a tribal. According to you, a tribal should not learn Kshatriyas' warfare, so you thought that he deserved right. You and Sahdev please tell me a single verse of Veda which can justify this type of treatment?

Yudhistir and Sahadev hung their head in shame

Krishna, 'From that day you had started filling the pots of your sins. You always insulted Karna and in the name of Dharma tried to dissuade him from practicing Archery. Actually, you all know that he was far better than you. So by insulting him you just wanted to break his self-confidence. You have no intention to establish Dharma. You just wanted to remove the competitor standing in front of you.'

Balram, 'And when guys still did not be able to break him, you started ridiculing him, always tried to humiliate him in front of others. During the Rajsuye Yagna, you insulted him. Atithi Devo Bhava, that's our Dharma. But you.... in your pride forget that as well. You did not stop your wife from insulting your own cousin and uncle. I think now you guys understand how does it feel to be humiliated in front of the entire world.'