Digvijaya (I)

A week later

Duryodhana was agitated. Karna informed them that he could arrange everything but for the last 4 days, he locked himself into the supply storeroom and asked everyone not to disturb him. Shakuni tried to say something but Bheesm and Vidur shooed him away. 

Inside the storage house, Karna sat on meditation. He finished all the puja to call Devi Lakshmi and Devi Vasundhara.

Karna, 'Devi Lakshmi, Mata Vasundhara please listen to my prayers. Please help me with all the supplies I need for the Digvijaya,'

Both Devi Lakhsmi and Mother earth appeared in front of him. 

Lakshmi, 'Putra Karna, please open your eyes. Ask me what do you want from us?

Karna, 'Mata I want you to help me in gathering the supplies for the army. I can use my boon from Devi Parvati to create an army of my own but for them, I need food, clothes and other staff. So I need both of your help.'

Devi Vasundhara, 'Sure son, we will help you with everything.'

Devi Lakshmi, 'My son I gave you the bag from where you can get anything you want. Please open it and then place it on the floor.''

Karna did that and by the blessings of both Devis all the things needed to maintain the army came out.'

Then the Devis blessed him and they disappeared.

Karna came out of the room and asked Vidur to check everything. After seeing all the supplies he almost fainted. Later at Duryodhana's room, Shakuni informed, 'Mere bacche, I am stunned. How did he manage everything?'

Duryodhana tiredly, 'Mamashri, what's your problem? He is arranging everything and even in that you are having problems.'

Shakuni thought, 'Why I cannot instigate his doubt? Why he is not showing any anger, jealousy towards anyone? I need to talk to  Mantra.'

Mantra's place

Shakuni, 'Mantra I don't understand what is happening? Why cannot I develop the old anger and jealousy in Duryodhana. We have Karna as our servant but Duryodhana is still treating him as his friend. In fact, he did not support Draupadi's cheedharan. Why? Why can't he become the evil person we want him to be?'

Mantra, 'Shakuni, from what I am seeing in my magic water, there is something that is preventing him to go fully on the dark side. Some kind of shield that is protecting him. He is behaving badly as you poison him since childhood. But now something or someone is there that is protecting him from my magic. What is it?'

Shakuni, 'And most importantly how that Karna is arranging everything. As if he is creating everything out of thin air.'

Mantra, 'Shakuni just keep an eye on him. It's better if you go with him in the Digvijaya.'

Shakuni, 'What...Digvijaya..but how can I? Don't you know I cannot sleep without my soft bed and cannot eat without the royal feast?'

Mantra (irritated),' That's your problem. If you want to know about Karna you have to keep him in front of you always.'

Shakuni returned but Mantra thought, 'Why can't I decipher Karna? Who is he? Why my magic can't touch him. Should I take help from my nephew Andhakarasur? No, no it's not the right time. I myself try to know about him.'

The day before Digvijaya Yatra,

Karna went to Ganga ghat for Suryapuja. Then he looked at the sun and said, 'Bless me Pitashri. Tomorrow I am going to start my Digvijaya. I want to show the entire Aryavart that what's the true meaning of Dharma. To protect my country I need to unite all the kingdoms.'