Karna defeated

Karna returned to his house in a light mood. He was feeling rejuvenated as if some had increased his strength. He took some break from Duruodhana as he was now busy with his new bride. Karna decided to help his father in his workshop. Roopmati went to Avantika's house to bring some massage oil for Radha as she had back pain. After returning she asked, 'Jyasht, did you meet Avantika today?'

Karna, 'Yes, in the bank of the river, after my Suryanamaskar. Why sister, is there any problem?'

Roopmati, 'Jyasht actually someone saw you talking to her in the bank of the river and told that to Mrinalini. Mrinalini went to Sarthak kaka's house and said many bad things to Avantika in front of the whole village. Avni is a polite girl but she never tolerates unjust behavior. She tried to explain but Mrinalini and Sumedha aunty and their temper tantrums. They insulted Renuka kaki and Avantika very badly using your name. They called her shameless as she was trying to seduce you.'

Karna, 'What..this is ridiculous. I was just thanking her for her help on the festival day. And by the way who spread the news that I and Mrinalini were engaged? Radhama, Pitashri did you give them any words about my marriage?

Radha, 'No son, nothing like that. You know you will not do anything without your consent. Actually once Roopmati told us about her and we just invited her and her family. It was them who gave the proposal but we said that we will talk to you. But you were so busy on those days that we did not have the chance to ask you anything. But after seeing her behavior at the festival, we decided that she was not the right girl for you.'

Adhirath, 'But putra, I have no idea that they are spreading those rumors. We shall stop this.'

Shon, 'Roop I told you not to befriend anyone without knowing them. That girl is mean.'

Chitrasena and Vrikarratha, 'Avantika didi is nice. Jyasht you should marry her.'

Hearing her name Karna felt a sudden heat on his face. Seeing her son's blushed face Radha understood his mental condition but she did not say anything. She wanted to check on the girl before saying anything. Karna said, 'I have to talk to Mrinalini and her family. They should not say such lies and insult an innocent girl.'

Saying that Karna and Radha both went to Mrinalini's house. Sumedha was overwhelmed as she thought that maybe they wanted to propose Mrinalini.

Radha, 'Sumedha you are our neighbors so I don't want any dispute between us. I just want to know why are you telling those lies about Karna? When did we agree to Karna's and Mrinal's wedding?'

Sumedha, 'Come on Radha, you did not decline the proposal.'

Radha, 'No declining does not mean accepting. I know what you did to Renuka today. How could you say such bad words to an innocent girl like Avni?'

Mrinalini, 'I don't regret calling her shameless. How dare she talk to my man.'

Karn (angrily), 'Devi Mrinalini, stay in your limit. I am not your man and neither your property. Most importantly I am not your fiancee. First, you tell such a lie about us and now you are insulting others.'

 Mrinalini, 'Karna, you are insulting me for that girl? I am the most beautiful girl in this village and you are rejecting me? How dare you. I know it's all because of that shameless, idiot Avantika.'

Karna shouted, 'Mrinalini I am warning you. If you say another and word against her...Well, I never want to raise my hand on a woman but don't think I will not do anything if you try to harm her or anyone.'

Saying that both Radha and Karna left. The neighbors also heard their argument. No one in the village liked them for their arrogant nature and they were happy as Karna and Radha showed them their place.