Jarasandha imprisoned Kauravas

The news of Pandavas death shook the entire Hastinapur. Queen Gandhari, Bheesm, Dronachary, Kripacharya were very sad. They could not believe that Pandavas and Kunti died. Gandhari started crying. The Kuru elders suspected some foul play. Bheesm asked Shakuni, 'Gandharraj, the palace was prepared under your supervision. How did this happen? Where is the architect? I want to interrogate him.' Shakuni already paid a handsome amount of money to Purochan, he left the Kuru empire and went to some unknown place. So Shakuni informed Bheesm that they could not be able to locate him. Everyone was suspicious about Purochan's sudden disappearance but they need proof against Shakuni. Shakuni was Dhritarashta's most trusted companion and he was not ready to hear anything against his brother-in-law.
Vidur also acted to be very heartbroken in front of others. He thought, 'Should I tell Tatshree Bheesm about the Pandavas? No, if that Shakuni and king Dhritarashtra know about this, it will be dangerous for Panduputras and Devi Kunti. But I am still confused about Karna. I should keep an eye on him and try to find out what his actual motive is? Who is that man? Why is he helping us?' Thinking all these Vidur decided to send a spy behind Karna.
On the other side, Karna came to the palace to meet Duryodhana. 

Duryodhana, 'Hello Mitra, so now you have time to come? '

Karna (smiled), 'Sorry my friend, I was busy with some work. And you were also busy attending the royal guests, so I don't want to disturb you.'

Duryodhana almost pouted, 'I know, after all, you were also attending a royal guest.'

Karna smiled, 'Vasudev is a royalty for you, but for me, he is my best friend. But today I came here to gave you my condolences. I heard about your brothers. I am so sorry about your loss.'

Duryodhana, 'Please, for the hundredth time, they are not my brothers. And I don't care what happened to them.'

Karna, 'Mitra, how could you be so heartless. They died and you are feeling happy?'

 Duryodhana, 'Who said I am happy? I am disappointed. You know.... I wanted to kill them myself on the battlefield. But they died.'

Karna cried, 'Mitra, I never expected this from you. You...who made a Sutputra his close friend, who protested to save an unknown person's honor....are so indifferent to his brothers' death. Tell me one thing Mitra, what did Pandavas do to you? Why do you always blame them? It is not their fault that your Pitamaha or Kakashri did not love you? And if you behaved like this, no one is going to love you?

Duryodhana, 'I don't want to hear any lecture from you? Are you a friend of mine or those Pandavas?'

Karna, 'I am your friend that is why I am giving you those lectures, a true friend does the role of a father, mother, brother, and guru. So I am trying to show you your mistakes. How can you be a good king, if you cannot be a good human being?'

Then Shakuni entered the room. Shakuni, 'How dare you? Stay in your limit....you a petty servant is raising your voice in front of the prince.'

Karna, 'Gandharraj, a petty servant like me don't need to do this if a well-wisher like you give the prince a lesson of good morals. Do you think the Kuru elders are fools? If prince Duryodhana acts like this in front of others, then everyone will believe that he is behind all this conspiracy.'

Duryodhana, 'Never.....I am a warrior, not a killer.'

Karna, 'I know that.... and I believe in you. But others will not. If the subjects of Hastinapur came to know about your behavior, then they will definitely think of you as the killer of their crown prince. The enemy kingdom will definitely take this opportunity to instigate the subjects against you.'

Aswatthama, 'Prince Duryodhana is a mighty warrior. He is not scared of any rebellion. He can kill all the subjects who dared to say anything against him.'