Saving Bhanumati

Wedding day

Bhanumati was tensed since morning. She did not want to marry a demon but her room was heavily guarded so that she could not escape. Dhumrasur brought a small group of demons just to complete the wedding as he was confident that no human would dare to attack him. He asked the demon priest to start the ritual.

Here Karna and Duryodhana reached the Kalinga palace. There were many soldiers as well as demons. Both Karna and Duryodhana dressed as workers and posed as if they came to decorate the palace. Karna had a basket in his hand filled with flowers. They were entering the palace when a guard stopped them.

Guard, 'Who are you and where are you going?'

Karna (timidly), 'Sir, the king ordered us to decorate the bride's chamber with flowers for the wedding night. So we are taking the flowers there.'

Guard, 'I never saw you before here.'

Karna, 'Sir the royal decorator is scared so he refused to come. But we are poor, we need money so we came to decorate.'

Guard, 'Okay okay, go inside. But if the king does not like your decorations then he will surely throw you two in front of the Asuras.'

They entered the palace. Duryodhana praised, 'Wow friend, I have no idea that you are such a talented actor.'

Karna, 'Mitra we need to hurry, we should find Princess.'

They asked few maids about Bride's location and went to her chamber. Bhanumati was crying suddenly she heard a familiar voice, 'Priye'.

She could not even believe her ears. She almost lost her hope but now her lover Duryodhana was here. She jumped a hugged him.

Bhanumati, 'Yuvraj, please take me from here. I beg you. Otherwise, I will kill myself.'

Karna entered, 'cough. cough, Princess please change your attire. Wear these clothes and cover your face with a veil.'

Karna gave her some clothes for the maids. Then three of them came out quickly.

Karna brought Duryodhana's chariot and hid it in a forest near the palace. But they had to cover the distance on foot. So they were walking fast but without creating any suspicion. Suddenly they heard a commotion from the palace.

Karna, 'O Narayan, I think they found that princess is missing. Mitra, Princess please run fast.'

The guards and Asuras already saw them and chased them. Karna knew that he can run 10times faster than a normal man, so asked Duryodhana to protect the princess and he himself ran towards the forest. Duryodhana took out his mace and started fighting but soon the guards surrounded them,

King Pradeep, 'Well, well my little sister, trying to elope with her lover. No way sister. Today I will kill your lover in front of your eyes.'

Bhanumati, 'You disgusting creature. Trying to sell your own sister to the demons. I curse you Pradeep, you will rot in hell.'

King Pradeep ordered his guards to attack Duryodhana but suddenly Karna entered into the circle of the guards with the chariot and knocked them off. He launched an arrow that turned into a net and caught all the soldiers. Duryodhana and Bhanumati climbed to the chariot. Then Karna ran the chariot at full speed.

The remaining Asuras and guards chased them. While running towards the border Karna saw a tornado was formed in front of them.

 While running towards the border Karna saw a tornado was formed in front of them