April 4, 2015

Dear World,

It's the last day of the trip, and I woke up very early because the sky was still dark. My roommates were all asleep but I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling. I didn't know how long I was doing that but the next thing I knew was Trisha's phone (the sophomore) blared.

I got up right away because it startled me. The two eleventh graders were awake but they were half asleep when they searched for the phone. I also helped search the phone but it turns out I wasn't fully awake as well. One of the twelfth graders found the phone and she was trying to turn it off.

The other twelfth grader was urging her to turn it off. But they couldn't turn off the alarm. Finally, we decided to let it turn off by itself. A few moments later the alarm went off and we were all awake, except for Trisha, when she's the one who set the alarm.

Then my tenth grader roommate went to our bathroom and shower. After she showered I went next and showered as well. When I got out of the shower, the tenth grader was already out of the room so I decided to get ready. The two twelfth grader students were currently waking Trisha up and when she woke up the other one went to shower. The other was telling her about the alarm clock, we were chuckling because she said that she didn't hear her alarm clock blaring while the rest of us were abuzz because of it.

Then we heard a knock from the outside and when we opened it, it was one of the teachers, she told us that it's a wake-up call and when she looked at us she was quite impressed that all of us are awake and currently waiting for the shower turn. So she just told us that once we're done we can go to the field for the morning exercise.

The twelfth grader nodded at me telling me that I can go first while they get ready. So I went out and went to the field. I saw my sister waiting for everybody and she smiled when she saw me. The sun hasn't risen yet but the place is beginning to light up.

"How's your first, school trip?" I asked and sat beside her.

"Fun and special, this is what you've been doing for the past two trips." she said.

"Maybe." I said.

"We will go swimming at the pool later after we'll prepare to go back home."

"Yeah, we'll be back to civilization."

We had our exercise then we got breakfast. After that, we had a gathering where we talk about the things that we enjoyed during the trip. Lunchtime came and we ate our lunch in haste and we went for a swim. Around four in the afternoon we were all set to go home. The van that we rode to come to the resort is the same van that came and got us.

I expect Maddie to sit with her new friends or some old friends but she still sat beside me on the trip back home. We didn't talk much on the trip because I slept for an hour. When I woke up, we were supposed to be an hour and a half max away from our town but due to traffic, we didn't reach our school until the next two hours.

Our dad was waiting for us at the school. He told us that he was excited for Maddie for her first trip. This is parents' approved because it's a modest and clean trip. He took us to the nearest 7/11 store and bought us some chips and ice cream. We were kind of worried because it's dinner time. He just shrugged and told us that we can eat a small portion of dinner or not eat at all because we have an excuse.

We chuckled at dad's deviousness. Dad doesn't exactly spoil us but he does some of the time. We arrive at our house at almost eight in the evening. Mom was folding her arms at our porch when we arrived. She smiled at Maddie and me and gave dad a glare.

"I know you took them to eat junk again." she said knowingly.

"What? How could you say that?" Dad said without even trying to hide it.

Mom shook her head at dad, "Girls, do you still want to eat proper dinner?"

"I want to eat dinner." I said.

"Me too." Maddie said.

"Good because I only prepare for three people. Come now."

Mom then went inside the house leaving the door open for us. We laugh at dad because he chases after mom. Our bags aren't that heavy because Mom taught us how to bring light luggage enough for the number of days we will be gone.

I just put my bags inside my room and went downstairs to the kitchen. Dad is currently hugging mom from behind whispering to her some apologies and wanting to be included at dinner.

I looked at the dining table and saw only good for three cutlery and flatware. Even the chairs are for three people only. Classic Mom, although Dad joined us to dinner after a few compliments and convincing.

Always,

Sandra