October 14, 2015

Dear World,

I've been writing in this journal less, I don't have an excuse except that I got lazy writing and I've been caught with all this going out with guys. Honestly, I don't know what to write today.

Last week was the week of me having a job experience. A program from a school that allows us to have five days of going to a working place and we will be doing work to feel what it's like working. I was assigned to an electronics center. Instead of selling some electronics components, they do repairs and installations instead.

There were five of us that were assigned to that center and I am the only girl in the group. The boss/owner of the center was shocked that I get to be in this kind of job experience. He's a Chinese that migrated to our country so I kind of like understand that he's not used to women doing jobs that are commonly involved with men.

If this is some kind of sexist or I feel that way, no. Hold it right there. He keeps on praising me for being so brave in doing such a thing. He even sent me into this house where we will install a Wi-Fi router and I got a tip for that one. He is not sexist, he was just so amazed.

The tip amount is small but considering that it's my first time earning money like that out of my own hard work is beyond anything. The electrician that I'm with that time even said that their client tipped bigger than usual because of me. She was impressed that a girl like me works in that kind of field. Talking about advantages.

And the rest of the four days I was sent into this newly built apartment and we installed CCTV cameras and smoke detectors around the area. We wired everything we needed and started mounting those cameras.

They even let me try to drill holes in a concrete wall and solder those LEDs for the control panel of those CCTVs. And what adds to the fun is that Felix is with me in that center.

And it's my revenge time because whenever we will have a lunch break, he would sleep at the lounge. We will work in the area starting at nine in the morning then we'll end at four or five. The owner of the center is also the owner of the apartment and since he is always at the office during work hours we don't pressure ourselves that much.

We weren't left alone because we're like apprentices to those electricians that they have in the center. And those electricians take more than an hour of lunch. We'll be clocked for lunch at twelve noon sometimes, a few minutes earlier then we'll come back to work almost three in the afternoon. Oh gee, I hope the boss will not know.

I know, quite lazy but duh, we don't care that time. But if the boss is there (though he didn't

 visit during our entire time there) they said that they work full hours and only relax during lunch.They even said that five days of us being with them is not enough because they are more than willing to hire us. We weren't allowed to work because we were just sixteen. There is no such thing as a minor being allowed to work. It's against the law. Then on the last day, the boss gave us a salary but he reasoned since we were just students that it's an allowance only. Because we are not workers.

It was very fulfilling.

Always,

Sandra