July 11, 2017

Dear World,

It's just one of those days that are so fun but surprising as well. Today is Maddie's sweet sixteenth birthday and instead of the usual all-family house party, we held the party in a bowling alley, next town.

It was our first time going there and since I was distracting Maddie from the surprise party that we have for Maddie. I reasoned to her that because of the family party rule, I will be bringing her to the bowling alley in the other town and treat her there.

Mom told me to ride the bus to the mall and once we reach there, we will find a service bus that is on route to the next town. That bus will be our ride to reach the bowling arena next to town. Good thing Maddie about the place and said that she can come to that place without being lost.

I told Maddie about mom's instruction and we followed it. We rode the bus and what comes next was the funny thing. We forgot to get off to the next stop and went on to the main city very far from where the bus terminal for the next town destination. Maddie and I were laughing when we decided to get off the bus.

We walked to the next bus since there's a nearby route where the next town bus route passes by. The catch was the fare is twice the amount because the mainland and next town distance are so far. Despite the cost, Maddie and I just laugh it off because the plan was not to get lost and we end up getting lost.

We didn't exactly lose our way and end up calling for rescue but we miss the bus stop which lead us to a longer ride and costly fare. Never again. Maddie almost knew the surprise because mom called me and asked where are we. Good thing that I was able to shake the idea off and told Maddie that was just checking if we reach the destination.

When we arrive at the place, Maddie was a sure surprise. She didn't expect that we will celebrate her birthday outside the house. It was still an all-family party but at least not inside the house. Dean was there but had no friends. He assured me that he will take me and Maddie camping overnight with his friends and Ethan. That was good enough for Maddie.

During the bowling party, two of our Aunts came in with us. Their mom's cousins and they love selfies and taking pictures. They didn't even roll the ball or hit a tenpin because they were busy taking pictures and videos. My other Aunt got my phone and took tons of pictures. I even nicknamed her 1Gb, 1day, because it seems that she used up 1gd of my phone space just for those photos that she took of us. The other Aunt was the one who took my camera. I was vlogging the entire adventure and I've included our little lost adventure earlier. By the time she got hold of my camera, she was the one who vlogged the entire thing.

Always,

Sandra