Abby and Her Amazing Friend, Part 1

"Janet...where are we?" And why was Janet in Abby's- was this her apartment?

"Something probably exploded and we're both....experiencing..." Was this New York?

"Janet, Janet!" Why was she over there, and why was Steve...

"Gee Bobby, going out and doing young people stuff after we finish studying for university is fun!"

"It sure is!" What interesting young people.

"That's going to be a nasty divorce," Princess Diana was on her honeymoon. "I think that we time traveled."

"How the..." The last thing that Janet remembered was...

"Look Janet, a button!"

"I don't think that you should- put our hand down!"

"Bad choice of words!"

"We should warn them about AIDS and Ronald Reagan." And newspapers about the internet.

"I miss you Janet." Being inside her was his favorite thing.

"What do we do?" Did someone have a time machine in this town, this year?

"Perhaps we're in an alternate universe," Abby had calculated the possibility of several.

"Did we mess up time?"

"Well, I, no..." that was such a long... "Do we have identification?" Perhaps they had switched places and this universe's Abby was in Abby's universe.

"I'm not glitching out," said Janet.

"Janet, can we build a time machine?"

"No, that's..." Abby's dad had one, in the '90s. He was probably, how did she know that he didn't, Abby would not have trusted herself with a time machine either. "How's your Latverian?"

"I can say Coca-Cola," said Janet.

"There is no word for Coca-Cola in Latverian."

"What do they call it then?"

"Doom Soda probably," said Steve. It was a very Doom-centric place.

"Soda is banned in Latveria." It was unhealthy for the youth.

"What a fun, how did you know that?"

"Wikipedia."

"How's your Latverian?"

"I picked up a few words in Transia."

"You worked in Transia?" Was that why she hated Mole People so much?

"What is that?" Asked Steve.

"That's a landline phone."

"Are we Amish now?" It started ringing, "Ah!"

"It's okay Steve, should we answer it?"

"Don't we have to accept charges?" Abby had read that in a history book once. "You answer it." Abby had too more than enough charges.

"Hello?" No one was there.

"Why are there so few channels?" The remote wasn't responding. "Janet, I broke the TV."

"You didn't break the..." How did these work? "I'm going to press a button."

"No, don't-" The TV came one.

"There should be a guide."

"Where did all the channels go?"

"They don't exist."