Steve the Symbiote, Part 1

Janet was in the lab suffering from permanent damage inflicted by third degree burns and generally working at Oscorp. She wondered is anyone would ever love her. As she was destroying evidence she swore that she could hear talking.

"This Symbiote Meeting will come to order," said Venom. The Symbiotes calmed down. "First order of business, asexual reproduction, why you should have more of it."

"How do we do that?" It sounded complicated.

"You do things to yourself and make more of us."

"Is that how humans reproduce so quickly?" Their hsots were learning from them.

"Possibly, I did not consider the possibility."

"No, humans do not do this!" Venom squirted out a seed. "They get drunk and touch each other."

"Oh, but can we help?"

"It is possible," said Venom, "stranger things have happened."

"What are you doing out of your containment cells?" Gary had been demoted to symbiote watch.

"We were out of our containment cells?"

"No, you...were not...out of..."

"Screaming," said Janet, "That's normal." She wondered if she should call the clean up crew.

"Coo."

"Dear god you are a monstrosity." Abby's project smiled.

"Coo?"

"Mama is in therapy." It looked confused.

"Oh no, my science alarm went off- unnamed coworker!" She returned to her workstation. Gary's old station was by hers, she often reminensced about how he had almost killed them all with Ebola. "I hope that that baby doesn't explode like the last one," said Janet.

"Is this seed thing yours?" Asked Hans.

"I hope it doesn't end up belonging to Abby," said Janet. "Where did you find it?"

"It was on the floor, by your desk."

"I'll take it." Janet had seen worse and hoped that it liked jars.

-

After work Janet returned to her sad, lonely single lady studio apartment in Hell's Kitchen.

"Ahhh! Your face!"

"I know." It was healing, a little. "Gary was messier," she needed a drink.

"You don't think that I should clone him do you?"

"No, do not clone him, it isn't your job!" This weird seed thing was right.

"That's right, and I had nothing to do with super cancer." She had begrudgingly been the head researcher. Abby had loved it.

"Hey, Janet, can I resequence this so that it makes people explode?"

"No, that's not the point of super cancer!"

"Who's buying this?"

"I don't know."

"Well, we probably, cough, cough should."

"What had she done that she needed to appease SHIELD for?" Thought Janet. "Howard the Duck, Howard the Duck is buying this, his evil counterpart wants to get his...wings on it but if Howard the Duck gets it first the world is saved!" Abby could sense the sarcasm but anything was a lead and counted as time off of her sentence.

"Fascinating, yes..." Abby returned to sequencing DNA and science stuff.

"I don't know if she did the explosion thing because she, it was brutal." The buyer had still purchased it, but then exploded because....had Abby accidentally done something good? "do I feed you?" Janet put it down on her counter. "Normally I don't take my work home with me but I don't trust the basement with you." Did it- no...she should check her voicemail just in case...