February 16, 2022

Matt's POV: After eating breakfast and getting dressed that morning, I smiled as I came down from me and Gabby's room to Matteo's room. Seeing him struggle with his shirt, I smiled as I went to lean against the door. "Someone trying to be a big boy to try and be ready on time?" Matteo then turned to look at me. "Almost ready papa." I then smiled as I walked over to him with my bag before going to set it down. "Don't worry buddy. I made sure to get up early today so that I could spend a little bit of time with you before work." Matteo smiled when I said that.

Looking at him as I helped him get dressed, I smiled as I brought him close to me. Kissing his cheek, I smiled as we both just looked at each other. "You are such a big boy and I am so proud of you. You know that right buddy? You are the best big brother in the entire world and I know that Ella and Gabriel are really happy that you are their brother." Matteo smiled when I said that before going to hug me. Rubbing his back, I went to kiss his head and smiled when I heard Gabby come downstairs behind me. "You think you can just sneak out without saying bye?"

Turning around to look at her, I smiled. "Hey, did I wake you up when I came upstairs?" Gabby nodded and smiled as I got up and walked over to her. "Hey Matteo, you already pick your toys?" Matteo nodded and pointed to the bag before going to look at Gabby. "Bye mama." She then bent down and went to pick him up, smiling. "You be a good boy for uncle Tonio okay? We will see you in 2 sleeps okay?" She then went to kiss his forehead, smiling at him. "And I will talk to you every night. I promise." Matteo smiled as he went to hug her that morning.

I smiled as I watched them share a quick hug. "How about you go downstairs and get your boots out okay bud? I will be right down." Matteo nodded and agreed as he ran downstairs. Grabbing Matteo's bag, I looked at Gabby while stepping close to her. Putting my hand on her hip, I smiled while going to kiss her softly. Feeling her put her hand on my neck, I smiled as we took it slow with each other. "Promise me you won't rush this morning okay? Take your time and just do what you need to do." Gabby nodded and agreed. "I already took my meds. I promise."

I nodded and agreed with her. "I trust you okay Gabby?" Rubbing my arms, Gabby looked at me. "Are you going to worry about how long I take if I take a couple hours?" I bit my lip. "I will call you if I am worried. But, just call me when you are on your way if I don't call you. Just don't take too long. You know I am already dying to see my two little ones as soon as possible." Gabby smiled when I said that. "You going to use the locker room from now on?" I nodded and smiled at her. "I need to shower more at the firehouse. I know you think I smell sometimes."

Gabby smiled when I said that before hugging me. Holding her close, I smiled. "Let me know when you are there okay? I will help you with the babies. EIther that or get one of our friends to help. Now, I really need to go...before I talk to Jay, I have to speak to this new paramedic we have. He's taking over for Noah Valdez because apparently...he lied to us about who he really is." Gabby was shocked when I said that. "You want me to be it?" I shook my head. "No. But listen, I need to go." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "I'll see you later. Say the same to Antonio."

I nodded and agreed, smiling as I gave her one last kiss before going downstairs so that I could drive Matteo to Antonio's and then head to work so that I could meet our new paramedic.

NOTE TO READERS: I have decided to bring Jimmy Borelli back to Firehouse 51 as a paramedic. Sorry if you guys were liking Noah. I just want to bring back as many characters that we all know and love from the earlier seasons. Plus, Borelli is pretty cute.