Chapter 409

Matt's POV: Once Grant was gone with Jay, I looked at Severide while walking into the ER. "You are back in charge. Meanwhile, I am headed out of here okay? I need to protect my lungs." Severide nodded and agreed with me. Walking away, I went to cover my mouth so that I could make my way back out of the hospital. That's when I heard Gabby over the radio. "Matthew Casey, you are a dead man!" I then sighed when she said that because I knew exactly what she meant. Making my way outside, I saw Gabby there without the kids. 

Running over to me, Gabby went to hug me. "God, Antonio told me you want into the hospital...I was scared. Matt, your lungs!" I then sighed and looked at her. "Gabby, I was in the part of the hospital that wasn't on fire. I was in the lower psych ward. The part that's on fire is the upper ward. So relax okay? I said no to going into the fire. I had to go into the hospital. It's my job." Gabby then sighed and looked at me. "Sorry, I was scared." I nodded and agreed with her. "Listen, where are the kids?" Gabby then stepped close to me. "At home with Antonio."

I then sighed and looked at her. "Listen, go sit in the car. Go to the firehouse. I am working right now. We are going to talk about this when we are there." She agreed and sighed before going to kiss me softly. "See you there." I then sighed as I watched her walk away to go to the firehouse. Meanwhile, I walked back to the crew. "Sorry guys, just had to speak with her first. You know how much I hate it when she comes to my scenes." Severide nodded and agreed with me. "I am just waiting for my crew to finish. Then, we can start with the water."

I nodded and agreed with him before turning to look at Hermann. "Hermann, get your hoses ready. I want the aerial up and I want you to take the hoses inside and find the nearest connection. Severide, I want you to go get your lungs checked okay?" Severide then looked at me. "You want to get written up?" He then nodded and agreed as he went to walk back into the ER so that he could get his lungs checked for possibly smoke damage. That was something I was going to do once I was done. That's when I heard Captain Patterson walk up to me.

"Drama happening over here." I then turned to look at him and laughed. "You don't know the half of it. My Lieutenant's Psycho ex-husband broke out of his room. Had to find him. Oh and then my wife shows up here pissed that I went to help my friend when my lungs are already bad. So, wish me luck when it comes to the wife." Patterson agreed. "You need assistance? I heard the call to Gaffney on our way back and knew you couldn't handle this on your own. I mean, not you but...your house." I agreed and nodded benfore looking at Hermann and Kydd.

"Hermann!" Hermann  then turned to look at me. "You are going to work with Patterson's Engine. Patterson, you have a captain on your truck right?" Patterson nodded and agreed. "Norwood!" Norwood then turned to look at me. "Get your engine and go work with Patterson's truck." Patterson then looked at me. "My Lieutenant for Engine is on maternity leave and is on ambulance right now. Your lieutenant is above my acting lieutenant." He nodded and agreed, rubbing my back. "By the way, I heard about the threat to you leadership?"

I sighed and looked at him. "Can we not talk about that? I am over that drama. Just need to get over the drama I am about to have with my wife." He laughed and agreed. "Oh boy, you in trouble or her?" I sighed and looked at him. "Unfortunately, her. She isn't allowed to come to my scenes but she came." He sighed when I said that. "Good luck buddy." I then laughed when he said that before shaking my head. Meanwhile, I watched my men work on the hospital fire for the next hour. And boy was I enjoying every single minute of the next house. 

It was one more minute I was not having a fight with Gabby at the firehouse.