Chapter 385

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished eating breakfast, I smiled as I went to grab us some towels before putting the room key in my pocket. Walking out of the washroom after doing that, I saw Gabby packing up her bag with her things. "I thought we were going to do that after our swim?" Gabby then turned to look at me and sighed. "I don't want to forget anything. So, I am packing ahead of time. Is that okay?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Of course. I already have your meds in my washroom kit. So, don't worry about those okay? I already got them."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to put her hand on my chest. "You know I appreciate it when you do those little things like that for me right?" I nodded and looked at her. "Hey, of course I do...why are you saying that Gabby?" Gabby sighed when I said that. "I just feel like sometimes I donm't make you feel appreciated enough. Matt, you always go over and above what a normal husband is expected to do." I smiled and nodded. "That's because I love you and how I act is never going to change. You never have to worry about that okay?"

Moving to hug me, Gabby smiled as I held her close. Standing there in silence, I sighed when our silence was disrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. Leaning back, I looked at Gabby and sighed. "Let me just see if it's urgent. If it isn't...we are not going to be answering the call." Gabby agreed as I went to walk over to my phone. I then went to see who it was when I saw it was my sister. We had already texted earlier and everything was okay. That's when I went to answer. "Hey Christie, everything okay? What changed since this morning?"

Violet: Uncle Matt, it's me. Sorry, should've used my phone. We think Gabriel is running a fever.
Matt: (Worried) Did you check his temperature already? The thermometer is in the kid's...
Christie: (Takes over) Sorry, I was just doing that. I asked Violet to call you.
Matt: Okay, what's his temperature sis?

Gabby of course started to get worried when I said that. "Who?" I then looked at her and mouthed. "Gabriel" Walking up to me, she rubbed my back and I could tell she was even more nervous now. "Can you put it on speakerphone?" I nodded and went to put it on speakerphone.

Matt: Sorry sis, I was putting you on speaker. Can you say his temperature again?
Christie: I am just checking it now. He's at 101.9. 
Gabby: Oh god, when did that start?
Christie: I am not sure. I thought he was just tired. So, I put him back to bed. He just kept crying...

Looking at Gabby, I already knew that our date here was over. We had to get home to the kids so that she could take care of Gabriel. Rubbing her back, I went to kiss her head. "Get changed." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to get changed. Meanwhile, I switched to dad/paramedic mode.

Matt: Christie, listen...I am going to tell you what to do okay?
Christie: Of course, go right ahead. What do you want me to do?
Matt: Change him into light clothes. Turn the temperature down in the house to 79.
Christie: (Does as she is told re: temperature) Okay, temperature is at 78.
Matt: Okay. Now go get him changed. We will be 20-30 minutes at the most. Bye sis.
Christie: Want me to stay for the other kids?

Matt: Christie, I need to go okay? I need to concentrate on getting changed and riving.
Christie: Of course, we'll talk when you're here. Bye. (Hangs up)

Hanging up the phone, I sighed as I went to grab some clothes before remembering that I hadn't showered. "Gabby, I need to shower. I wasn't going to take one since we are swimming." Gabby then looked at me as she went to put her shirt on top of her swimsuit. "At home. Matt, change into your clothes and then we can leave okay? Sorry but, our daughter is more important than a shower." I nodded and agreed. "Deep breaths." Walking over to the clothes I had on the bed, I grabbed them. I then went to get changed so that we could leave. "Gabby, call check out!"

Gabbby nodded and agreed as she stood on her side of the bed. Grabbing the phone, she went to call down to the front desk to start the check out process ahead of time.

NOTE: I know this was out of the blue but...I wanted something to get them back home. I was starting to run out of ideas. However, I am going to have more if I have more characters in the scene. Gives me more time to write stuff and come up with ideas. Thanks for understanding.