February 17, 2022

Matt's POV: As I woke up the next morning to the feeling of Gabby getting in bed, I smiled because she was just wearing her underwear after last night's fun. "Now this is a nice way to wake up." Feeling her climb over me to get back in bed since Diego's bed was against the wall..I tugged her down onto me when she was on top of me. Looking at me, she laughed as she laid down on my chest and went to kiss me softly. "You sir are going to be late for work, you know?" I then shook my head. "I have the day off to make sure you are okay. Chief Walker is there."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded as she cuddled up to me more. Wrapping my arm around her back, I then went to rub it. "Are we going to have to tell Antonio that we had fun in Diego's bed last night?" That's when I heard Antonio walk in to see us. "Uhm, yes. You are also going to have to strip the bed." I then tugged the covers up. "Antonio!" He then stared at me. "You guys are crazy. Gabby hasn't even had her surgery yet." I then looked at him. "But, I have. I can't get her pregnant anymore. I already had it double checked. I promise, she's good!"

Antonio nodded and agreed with me. "Sorry about this. You want me to take care of Matteo until you are awake?" I then sighed as I rubbed Gabby's back. "You going to work or are you off?" Antonio looked at the both of us. "If you need me to work from home...I can. That was my plan for today anyways. I can take care of Matteo for a while. Are you going to work today Matt?" I then sighed and looked at Gabby. "No, I am going to stay with Gabby. Might take her home for a bit okay? I mean, unless you want me to go in to work for a bit?" Gabby shook her head.

"No but, I was thinking that tomorrow night we can go out. I wasn't going to say anything but there's a Presidents' Day Charity Fundraiser. They do one on all the major holidays. I thought about it and nodded, liking the idea. "Depends if Antonio can watch all the kids? Might do her some good. I mean, depends on your schedule." Antonio then looked at us both. "3 kids? Can you guys talk to your sister and mom maybe Matt?" I then realized that and nodded. "Right, sorry. You know what Gabby, maybe it's not the best idea. You are stressed."

Gabby then sighed and nodded as she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "You're right. But maybe we can go home. Leave Matteo here?" Antonio then nodded when I said that. "You think he's going to be okay with that? I know he really likes to be with the both of you guys whenever you guys are at home with the babies." I sighed when he said that and was about to answer when I had second thoughts. "Listen, how about we talk about this after I've had a chance to shower and wake up? That okay Gabby? But we are leaving today for sure."

Antonio nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Just make sure that you strip the bed on your way out the door. I do not want to have to do it in case Diego comes to stay tonight. It's not my stuff that's on those sheets." Antonio then walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. I laughed when he said that last part because that was absolutely true. However, Gabby didn't find it to be a laughing matter. "Care to share what you thought was so funny?" I then went to grab her hand and rubbed it. "It's the part about it's not my stuff that's on here."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Listen, can you go take your shower? That way you can go help with Matteo this morning. Meanwhile, I can feed the babies before packing up. I'm sorry but, last night was great being here but...there's nothing like being home. I also want to stop by the firehouse on our way home. I want to explain everything to them and tell them we are okay. I think we owe it to them to let them know what's up with us. I know they are your subbordinates Matt. But, they are our friends first. Do you agree with me or..." I nodded.

"Gabby, I am in full agreement with you when it comes to that. But listen, let me get the babies for you and I will put them on the bed. Then, I am going to go take a shower okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Getting up and grabbing my towel that I had on my bedside table, I then went to wrap it around my waist before going to walk over to the cribs we had in the corner of our room. Grabbing Ella first, I smiled as I looked down at my beautiful baby girl. "Hi baby girl, let's give you to Mama so she can feed you."

Gabby smiled when I said that before reaching out for her. Passing Ella to her, I then went to walk back over to Gabriel's crib before carrying him over to the bed. Grabbing the pillow I used to sleep last night, I went to set him down on the pillow before looking at Gabby. "Hey, so...before I go take a shower. Can I ask how you are doing compared to yesterday?" Gabby then sighed as she looked at me. "I mean...if you want to answer."