Chapter 414

Matt's POV: As I finished getting ready, I smiled as I came downstairs to see that all the kids are now downstairs with my mom. Coming down, I smiled when I saw Ella on the ground on her playmate. "Hey baby girl." I then walked over to her and went to pick her up after setting my bag down. "Daddy is going to miss you." Holding her close, I smiled as I went to kiss her cheek. I then turned to look at mom as I saw her feeding Gabriel. "You already feed her mom?" My mom sighed. "She was being stubborn. I put her bottle back in the fridge. Can you try before you go?"

I nodded when she said that before going to carry Ella to the kitchen with me. Grabbing her bottle from the fridge, I smiled when I saw breakfast on the stove. "Did you make breakfast mom?" She then smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I thought that was the least I could do." I laughed. "Mom, you are doing more than enough here. Honestly, you are such a big help. I think Gabby going back to work is going to be such a great thing for her. She needs the stimulation. I am sure that she was going crazy when it comes to having been here alone with the kids."

My mom laughed when I said that. "Yeah, I can see that." That's when I heard Matteo. "Papa, come read to me before you leave?" I smiled when he asked me that and nodded. "Sure thing buddy." I then went to put some pancakes on my plate before doing the same for Gabby. Seeing my mom also made some coffee, I just looked at her. "God, you are such a saint mom. I mean coffee too?" She laughed when I said that. "You can't say that considering my history." I then sighed. "Stuff you are not going to tell your grandkids okay? They don't need to know."

My mom nodded and agreed. "Speaking of grandkids. I was going to invite Violet over. I get I live here now and this is technically also my home but...I still feel like this is your home. Are you okay with her coming over? I could use a hand to take the kids to the park later. Sorry but, Matteo needs to go out sometimes." I nodded and agreed. "Let me just talk to Gabby." That's when I heard Gabby come downstairs. "Talk to me about what?" I then turned to look at her and looked over her uniform. "Okay, something wrong with my uniform Chief Casey?" I shook my head.

"No, you look perfect." Gabby smiled when I Said that. "By the way, I promised Antonio we could pick up and drop off Sylvie after every shift. Their house is on the way so, we are going to do that." I then turned to look at her and nodded. "Sure thing. Now we going to ask my mom to come to the house with the kids later or would you rather not?" Gabby then shook her head. "Nope, I am not going to put up with those hormones on the first day back. Don't need my boss to get mad at me for being all hormonal on the job." I then laughed when she said that.

Walking over to the table with my pancakes, I smiled at her. "Hey, it's my fault you are so hormonal at work after all." Gabby then looked at me, confused when I said that. "I was the one that got you pregnant with our 3 wonderful kids. That brings the hormones." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. I then went to set my pancakes down and smiled at Matteo. "Come here bud, you want me to read to you?" I then went to pick him up and put him on my lap while grabbing the book. "You sure you don't want the kids to come at supper Matt?"

Looking up at my mom when she said that, I bit my lip and was about to say something. "It would give me a break and allow me to take a breather. You know Matteo can be overwhelming at times." Gabby then looked at me. "Matt, I am not going to say anything. It's your firehouse. I am just there as your employee." I then sighed and looked at her. "Mom, you can bring them. But the minute there's a fire...you need to help him and stay out of the way. Maybe jsut come for supper and leave when it's bedtime." Gabby then shook her head. "Afternoon between meals."

I then glared at her. "You mean during naptime? No way, maybe closer to supper and we can help with supper. I'm sorry but...I am not going to risk them getting tired when I am the most productive. I hate doing reports isn the middle of the night so I do them in the middle of the day." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Here, this is what we'll do. You call your mom and tell her when to come. At the end of the day, it's your firehouse." I then sighed and looked at her. "Gabby, I am not going to force that on you." Gabby just glared at me. "Okay, I will do that."

Gabby then went to grab some of her snacks and put them in her bag. "You want some bars Matt?" I then looked at her. "No need to grab them, I already stocked up my cabinet in my office. You can use it for your snacks. That way, nobody takes them." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I swear, your son is the best Nancy. How in the world did I get so lucky?" She then walked over to me with her breakfast before going to kiss me softly. "Love you." I smiled when she said that before hearing a knock on the door. I was confused and looked at my mom. "Who's that?" Getting up, I then went to check who it was.