Chapter 354

Matt's POV: As we arrived on the scene of the first fire of the day, I went to see what type of fire we were dealing with. Seeing it was a retirement home, I went to look at Severide. "Severide!" Severide then looked at me as soon as he got out of his truck. "Take your men and go up. Sweep from top to bottom. Take your time. This is a retirement home and you are going to need help." I then turned to look at Hermann. "Hermann, get your guys and go help Severide. Work from bottom to top and help elders down. Get those with air tanks first." They both agreed and went to get their boys in line before going to start a search. Meanwhile, I went to call dispatch. "Chief Casey to Dispatch." I then waited for them to respond. "Go ahead Chief."

I then went to speak to them. "Can I get all available ambulances to Barton Senior Home? Just down the street from our house." Dispatch agreed. "Of course. They are on route." That's when I overheard a call that was a help to us. "Chief Patterson to Ambo 85." Anna Valdez then responded. "Go ahead Chief." Patterson then spoke to them. "Go assist at Barton Senior Home after drop off." Valdez then responded. "Copy that Chief. Who am I reporting to while there." I then took over for Patterson. "I got it from here Patterson. It's Chief Casey Ambo 85. Please come and park next to mine. You will report to my PIC Stella Kydd." Valdez agreed. "Understood chief." I then turned to look at Stella to talk to her.

"Did you overhear what was said on the radio?" Stella then looked up at me and shook her head. "No, I am organizing stuff. Talk while I do that with Borelli! Borelli, get some backboards out on the stretcher. And be careful, this is a retirement home." Borelli nodded and agreed, walking away to go help on the scene. I then looked at Stella. "I just called for backup. Ambo 85 is en route. You are going to take care of the scene okay? Their PIC will report to you. Let them go first, you take charge of the scene here." Stella nodded and agreed. "Of course, now go concentrate on your men. I got this part of it." I nodded and agreed, about to walk away when I stopped.

"Stella, before you do what you are doing...I want all of your air masks out of the ambulance and available to use right when they are out. Keep one in your ambulance, put the rest out on the ground so that we can give them out." Stella then agreed when I saw Borelli come back with an injured woman. "Borelli, get her on air. I will send her with another ambulance. You guys are working triage." I then went to look at Gallo who was currently helping with the hoses. "Gallo!" Gallo then turned to look at me. "Get all of your blankets and bring them to the ambulance." He nodded and agreed, doing as I told him to. Meanwhile, I looked at Tony. "Tony do the same."

He agreed and went to do as he was told. Meanwhile, Severide came out with another one. "Severide, I am taking charge of your squad member out here. Please leave Tony out. He's helping with blankets." Severide nodded and agreed when he looked at Stella. "You make sure my girl doesn't overwork herself. She is on reduced duty!" I nodded and turned to look at her. "Stella, you stay in the back of the ambo. No ground work." Stella nodded and agreed as she got up and went to get in the ambulance with one of the elders. "We can take 2 more chief." I nodded and agreed with her. "Hermann, one more in 61. You are only taking 2 at a time."

Stella nodded and agreed as she went to look at her patient. Meanwhile, I heard Patterson walk up to me with his Ambo and Squad trucks. "You wanted my help?" I nodded and agreed. "Didn't expect you to come. But whatever. Can you get all of your guys searching? Maybe leave 2 behind so that we can get our trucks connected. Park on north side. We have this side." He nodded and agreed before going to walk over to his trucks to get them working. Meanwhile, I saw Ambo 85 pull up. Looking at Anna, I smiled. "Anna, you are reporting to my PIC Stella. Isaac, help with triage. Once my ambo is gone...I will get you guys to triage for Ambo 87."

That's when I saw Ambo 87 pull up. Walking over to me, I looked at the paramedic. "You the PIC?" She nodded and agreed. "PIC Allison Wesley." I nodded and agreed. "You are reporting to my PIC Stella Kydd. However, you can also report to PIC Isaac Davidson, Ambo 85." Wesley nodded and agreed as she went to get her ambulance set up. Meanwhile, Isaac walked over to me. "This bring you back to Puerto Rico sometimes?" I sighed and nodded. "The chaos? Hell yeah. Now, get to work Isaac. I am not your equal here, I am above you. Don't make me report you to Chief Walker." That's when I heard him get out of his truck. "Speaking of Walker."