Chapter 417

30 Minutes Later when Matt, Gabby and Sylvie are about to leave:
Matt's POV: Once we finished eating breakfast and were now at the door, ready to leave...I smiled as I held Ella in my arms. "I will see you tomorrow okay baby girl. Then we can get a whole bunch of cuddle time in bed." I kissed her head and then smiled at my mom. "Okay, you can take her now mom. If not, I am not sure I am going to be able to let her go." My mom laughed when she siad that before going to grab her from me. "C'mon little girl, let's make sure daddy leaves."

Gabby then looked at me as she stood close to me. "God, now I know exactly what you mean when you say it's hard to leave." I nodded as I wrapped my arm around her before kissing her head. I then looked at Matteo and smiled as I went down. "Hey, come here buddy." Matteo then looked at me. "Daddy is going to be home tomorrow and we can play all day. But today, can you be a good big boy and help you grandma with your siblings?" Matteo nodded as he hugged me.

I then wrapped my arms around Gabby and sighed. "This is never going to get easier. I am going to have to deal with this for years. I am just glad that Ella isn't as bad right now." Gabby laughed. "That's until we leave. You should see her when you leave. It's horrible so, be ready for that Nancy." My mom nodded and agreed when Gabby said that. "You can always call and I will come. Matt, leave me the van keys." I nodded and went to show here. "They are right here. Call me before you leave the house with our kids though. Sorry, just a precaution in case Gabby..."

Gabby then looked at me. "In case I what?" I then looked at her. "Like you aren't going to stop if you ever drive by our neighborhood." Gabby then sighed and nodded. "Would you be okay if I did that?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Hey, of course I would. But listen, we need to go. It's Saturday so that means that Lee Henry is there. You driving today or do you want me to drive?" Gabby then looked at me. "No, you can drive today." I then nodded, hugging my mom. "Thanks again for watching the kids. Have fun with Grandma guys." I then looked at Gabby.

"Don't be too long or else your chief will reprimand you for being late." Gabby then stared at me. "Keep saying that and I take away nights." I then gulped and understood what she meant as I walked away leaving Gabby to say goodbye to the kids. Meanwhile, Sylvie followed me out. "You seriously love torturing yourself don't you Matt? I mean seriously, she controls the sex in the relationship! How are you giving her all of these ultimatums." I then sighed. "Because I am her chief and my job is to keep her safe. And I am also her husband, I worry about her."

Sylvie then looked at me. "Matt, that's why I came back okay? The minute Gabby said that she was going back, I knew that I had to come back for your sake. You were going to be worried sick if she was stuck with anybody but me. So, believe me when I say this...she is going to be safe. You have nothing to worry about. We are a good team and we are going to protect each other. We are sisters and we are going to be there for each other." I smiled and agreed with her. "Youe tell me if you suspect she didn't take her pills though okay?" Sylvie nodded and agreed.

That's when I heard Gabby come out. "I took them Matthew." I then sighed as I turned to look at her. "I know Gabby, I check every morning. I am just asking her to look out for you on my behalf. I am going to worry because I love you." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when she saw Sylvie get in the car. Stepping close to me, she put her hand on my cheek and went to kiss me softly. "I want you to sit in the common room with me today okay? It's my first day back in a couple years and there must be some fresh faces. I am going to clam up and be nervous."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Hey, I have your back okay?" Opening the back door, I went to put our bags in there. "I promise." Wrapping my arms around her, I felt Gabby step close to me. Putting her hands on my chest, she then kissed me softly. "I love you and will always have your back." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Holding her close, I rubbed her back to give her a bit of reassurance that everything will be okay. "If you are having doubts, I can call. Just tell me Gabby and you can stay here. I promise, I will deal with it."

Gabby then shook her head as she looked at me. "I'm fine. We just need to leave." I nodded and agreed with her. Giving her one last kiss, I smiled as I let her go and then went to give her the keys. "Here, it'll distract you." Gabby then nodded and agreed as she went to get in the driver's seat. Meanwhile, I went to get in the passenger seat so that we could head to work.