Chapter 360

Matt's POV:
After making my way downstairs to be with Gabby, I walked in to see her taking off her pants to get changed. "Oh, the lacy underwear." Gabby then jumped as she turned to look at me. "Not funny. I am scared out of my mind right now." I then walked up to her and sighed, going to grab her hands before deciding to give her a hug. Feeling her arms around mine, I just held her in my arms and kept her close to me. "You are safe here Gabby. And you are always safe in my arms."

Gabby nodded when I said that before grabbing my jacket and leaning back to look at me. "Promise me that we will talk as much as possible today? I am going to just stay down here for a bit and I hope to talk to you." I nodded and agreed. "I promise, we will talk as much as possible. I am going to leave the firehouse as soon as I can. You are not going to have to go longer than necessary alone. And let Antonio take Matteo as much as possible, you need to take a break."

Gabby sighed when I said that. "Hey, why are you sighing? Talk to me Gabby. I already talked to Hermann and he knows I am dealing with family stuff. Forget the uniform and the radio. Right now, I am just Matt...your husband who loves you like crazy and is here fore you right now." Gabby nodded as she watched me sit down on the bed next to her. Moving my hand to hers, I held her close before looking into my eyes. "I hate how I felt when I was at the firehouse today."

I was confused when she said that. "And how did you feel at the firehouse today?" Gabby sighed. "Matt, I shouldn't feel this way though. That's the hard part." I then went to grab her hand as she put it on my chest. "Gabby, there is no right or wrong way to feel when you are at the firehouse. Talk to me Gabby and tell me how you felt there. Let me in and let me help you." Gabby nodded as she bit her lip. "I felt unsafe there. I felt like something was just waiting to happen. And it did."

I nodded and understood what she meant by that. "And for that I am sorry Gabby. I wish I could go back and be there for you. Be there to help you get through the situation and be there to hold you in my arms from the minute he got there. I was scared the minute I saw him because I saw it in your eyes just how scared you were. And that makes me scared. I hate what that man does to you and you shouldn't have to feel that way when you are around your father. He's a jerk."

Gabby nodded when I said that before going to cuddle up to me. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to kiss her head and sighed. "Listen, do you want me to try and get out of shift? I am positive that I can talk to chief Walker and he will understand. You know you are more important to me than work will ever be. Gabby, just say the word and I will try to get out of shift and come be with you here. Matteo can stay upstairs and we can get through this with Antonio."

Gabby then sighed when I said that before leaning up to kiss me softly. "I think that's what I need honestly. I know it's a lot to ask but...I need my husband here with me." I nodded and agreed with her. "Listen, let me call Chief Walker and I will try to explain what happened today. He must understand that. If not, I am just going to use one of my sick days. Take the afternoon off. I will also talk to Antonio. We are going to stay here regardless because we need family."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "If you get off...can you go get extra stuff for us? But only today. Tomorrow, you can go to work." I nodded and agreed. "We'll see okay?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to finish getting changed before going to get in bed. Looking at her, I went to sit down next to her. I then went to grab her neck before moving to kiss her softly. "I love you Gabby and I promise we are in this together. Forever. Any regrets in letting me take the job?"

Gabby bit her lip when I said that and sighed. "Can we talk about it whenever you are home? Whether that be in an hour or later tonight...just know that we are't quitting. It's just temporary. I love what you are doing. I just think I am done going to the firehouse. I might also ask you to let us move in here so that we can be with family. I am scared right now and need protection from my big brother. Not that you can't protect me Matt. Please don't think that okay?"

I nodded and went to get up to look at her. "No, I understand what you mean Gabby. You need protection from your brother. But, you need comfort from your husband and kids." Gabby nodded. "Yeah. I love you Matt. Stay safe for however long you are at the house. But if you can try and get off...please do. I am scared right now and just need to have you hold me in your arms. Antonio can take care of Matteo but, I need my husband right now."

I nodded and agreed with her. "I promise, I am going to try my best. Let me go to the firehouse and talk to Chief Walker. If he can get me a replacement Chief for the rest of the day...I will try my best. I really do promise to try Gabby. I can't promise anything more. Do you understand?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "Just try your best. Call me regardless in an hour." I nodded and agreed before smiling at her. "Deep breaths. See you soon." She agreed and smiled. 

Laying down in bed more, I decided to tuck her in before walking out so that I could go back to the firehouse where I hoped that I could get the rest of shift off after the problems at the firehouse.