Chapter 346

Meanwhile with Matt as he sits in his office:
Matt's POV: As I sit in my office and catch up on some e-mails after getting changed, I go to check my phone to see the time when I heard a knock on my door. Looking up, I saw it was Borelli. Getting up, I went to walk around my desk to shake his hand. "Borelli, how are you?" Borelli then smiled at me as he went to shake my hand. "Good chief." I then agreed as I went back to my chair. "Those your kids back there?" I then looked at the pictures and nodded. "Yes, and you will meet them today. However, you do not approach them. My son is shy and Gabby is protective."

Jimmy nodded and agreed as he went to sit down. "I remember, how is Louie anyways?" I then bit my lip. "Actually, he isn't our son anymore. His dad came back and got him back. We had 3 biological children. Their names are Matteo, Ella and Gabriel. Matteo is not coming to the firehouse today. However, Gabby, Ella and Gabriel are coming. Please make sure that you do not overwhelm Gabby. She has anxiety, ADHD and OCD." Jimmy nodded and agreed. "So, what's it like being Chief?" I sighed when he asked. "Listen Jimmy, I am going to have to set boundaries."

Jimmy looked at me confused. "Here, I am your chief...I am not your friend. My job here is to keep you safe and alive. And don't even start on what the past is. I am bringing you back here against better judgment. However, Firehouse 51 is a place of second chances. And you are on your second chance here, are we clear?" He nodded and agreed when I said that. "Now, onto other business. You are to act professional and you are not to screw up on ambo. Severide's wife is your ambulance partner. She has a young son and will want to go back to him nightly."

Jimmy nodded and agreed. "And someday, my sister-in-law Sylvie will come back. You are to make sure that the same happens when she is back. And she is family. Now, I am not going to treat you with kid gloves okay? You are here to work and you know how the firehouse works. We are still operating under Boden's regiment except for reports. Do you have a laptop?" Jimmy then shook his head. "Get one and bring it with you on a daily basis. All paramedic reports are to be done online. I am taking the firehouse digital. Please put your e-mail on your phone too."

Jimmy nodded and agreed as he went to grab his phone. "Not right now Jimmy. I am trying to get this meeting done fast because we are going to have a staff meeting." That's when I saw Cruz walk by my office. "Cruz!" Joe then walked up to my door. "Yeah Chief?" I then smiled at him. "I want to talk to you in 20 minutes. However, can you first tell my captains that I want to speak to them in here in 10 minutes? And please send a memo around the firehouse that there will be a staff meeting in the conference room in 30 minutes. Understood?" Cruz nodded and left.

Jimmy was shocked when I did that. "Wow, you rule the house with an iron clad fist don't you?" I nodded and agreed as I looked at him. "Do you have a problem with how I run my house? I am the youngest chief in the CFD. I need to know if you are going to question my authority. If you are going to have problems respecting my authority over you as Chief of Firehouse 51, regardless of the fact that I am the youngest chief in the CFD...the door is over there and it is free for you to walk through and leave. I am not playing games Jimmy. You either listen to me or leave."

He agreed and gulped, seemingly scared of me. "Good, I see you are scared of me. You will be on a trial basis until further notice. I remember how you were at the end of your previous tenure here at the firehouse as a paramedic. Once again, let met remind you that you are here solely as a paramedic. You are not to try and get back on truck. In fact, you mention truck or any vehicle other than ambo...you will have a strike on your record. I am implementing a 3 strike system. Any bad talk about Boden or how I run my house is a strike, are we understood Borelli?"

Borelli nodded and agreed. "Of course Chief." I then smiled at him. "You are dismissed. See you at the meeting in 30 minutes. Please get me Severide and Hermann, tell them that I am ready to speak to them ahead of schedule." Borelli nodded and agreed with me, getting up to go get my captains. Once he left, I sat down again and went to check my e-mails. I also went to check my phone and smiled when I got a text from Gabby with a picture of Ella's outfit. Seeing what it said on it, I texted her back. 'It's adorable. And, you better know she's my princess.'  Setting my phone down, I went to open my e-mail when I heard my phone ring. Seeing it was Voight, I went to answer the phone. "Firehouse 51, Chief Casey speaking. How are you Voight?"

Voight then spoke to me. "Good, I just wanted to confirm that I am sending Jay and Antonio today to come talk to you about the investigation? Well, your firehouse." I agreed with what he said. "Can you maybe send a 3rd detective Hank? Then, they can speak to all 3 of my vehicles at the same time. I thought that was the plan. You speak to all of my firefighters instead of just my officers?" Hank thought about it and agreed with my plan. "That is a good idea. Now, I wanted to say that I am in full agreement that this is arson. I have asked that this be a joint CPD-Firehouse 51 Investigation. Are you okay with that? I know our relationship..."

I decided to stop him when he said that. "Hank, your niece gave me a daughter and I am going to need to work with you a lot. We are going to start over with a clean slate. Plus, I am really good friends with your daughter and son-in-law. So, clean slate understood?" Hank agreed when I said that. "Of course Casey. I will send my officers for 10 okay?" I agreed. "See them then." Going to hang up, I heard Hermann walk into my office. "Hey Chief, Severide is on the phone with Stella? You okay with just talking to me?" Turning around to look at him and nodded. "Sit down and we can talk about something else too." He agreed and nodded, sitting down at my desk.