Chapter 377

Matt's POV: As me, Gabby, Cindy and Hermann made our way into the restaurant, I smiled when I recognized the place. Looking at Gabby as I held her hand with our fingers intertwined, I smiled. "This is where the dance was I think." Gabby then shook her head. "No, that was the ballroom. You know...where they have the big events and stuff? This was way too small." Hermann laughed when she said that. "Matt, don't argue with her. Remember, she's the one that helped set it up." I nodded and agreed as we made our way up to the waiter. "4."

He nodded and agreed as he went to grab some menus for the four of us. Gabby then turned to look at the Hermanns and smiled. "So listen, tonight is just lighthearted stuff remember?" I nodded while wrapping my arm around her. "Gabby, I already spoke to Hermann and he knows. And I am sure that you told that to Cindy as well?" She nodded and sighed. "Sorry, just..." Rubbing her back, I nodded and understood what she was trying to say. "Gabby, deep breath in and deep breath out. You are with friends and we are fine okay? Just relax."

Cindy nodded and agreed. "Something on your mind Gabby? I don't think I've seen you this stressed since before Matt's captain promotion ceremony." I nodded and agreed with her. "Yeah, I think a building collapsing on her really does make one worry. I know I was worried that day. More so because my wife was trapped in a parking garage rather than the promotion ceremony itself. By the way Cindy, I do not want that to happen this spring. You stay far away from anything that can collapse on you when we do the ceremony for Christopher at the firehouse."

Gabby smiled when I said that until we heard the waiter come to get us. "Your table is ready Mr. Casey. Please follow me." I agreed and nodded before looking at Gabby and wrapping my arm around her waist. Leading her into the restaurant so that we could go to our table, I smiled when I recognized this place. "Awh, this was where the cocktail hour was. I remember seeing it set up. I missed it though because I was being stubborn and debating whether I was even going to come." Hermann smiled when I said that. "I bet you are glad that you went aren't you?"

I nodded and agreed as we arrived at our table. Pulling Gabby's chair out, I smiled as I went to let her sit down. Hermann then did the same for Cindy before we sat down. The waiter smiled at the four of us. "Now, same bill or separate?" Cindy then looked at the both of us. "Consider it a belated wedding gift. Can you charge it to our room? It's under Hermann. H-E-R-M-A-N-N, Christopher." The waiter nodded and agreed. "Of course ma'am. Now, drinks to start?" I looked at Gabby and nodded. "2 reds from Florence please?" The waiter nodded and smiled.

"And for the 2 of you?" Cindy looked at Hermann. "I will take one of what they are having." Meanwhile, Hermann shook his head. "I am just going to get a club soda. Have to work fires in the morning because this one needs some time off." I then nodded and shook my head. "Oh relax Hermann, it's one day." Gabby then looked at me and grabbed my hand when I said that. I knew exactly what that meant, we were touching on a subject that she didn't want to talk about tonight because it was going to stress her out. "Can we also get a salad for the table, caesar?"

The waiter agreed. "Of course, I will be back with the drinks and the salad in a moment." Cindy then looked at Gabby. "So, how is life...feel like we haven't seen each other much since you came back from Puerto Rico? Heck, you aren't in the restaurant as much." Gabby sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I am still trying to figure out this whole 3 kids-working mom thing. Or stay-at-home mom. Still not sure what we are exactly doing considering it hasn't even been 2 weeks where we have been balancing this. It's been stressful and just crazy around our place."

I agreed with her and smiled. "And not to mention us thinking about planning some events for us all to get together. One specific religious ceremony to be exact." Gabby smuiled when I said that. "Boy, you have the smoothest transitions now don't you?" Cindy was a bit confused. "What are you talking about?" Gabby then smiled. "Cindy listen, you helped me so much when I was trying to adopt Louie...I wanted to pay you back somehow. So, me and Matt were talking recently about how we are going to get the kids baptised into the Episcopal Church."

I looked at her and smiled. "And we were hoping that you and Christopher would be Gabriel's godparents. His name was originally Wally after Boden but...it was too hard. So, we thought firehouse for godparents." Cindy smiled when I said that. "Well, of course we are going to do it." She then got up and went to hug Gabby. "Just let us know when and where. I will make sure that the kids are all available." Hermann then went to shake my hand. "I'd be honored." They then both sat down and smiled. Meanwhile, I had some reservations. "About that...."

Gabby then turned to look at me, a bit concerned. "What's wrong?" I then sighed. "I am not sure if I am comfortable with having all of their kids at the baptism...."