Chapter 353

Matt's POV: After spending the past 30 minutes having lunch and feeding the kids, I was now getting my first chance to rest with Gabby on the bunk. Wrapping my arm around her as she layed down against my side, I smiled as I kissed the top of her head and whispered to her. "We going to talk about what you mentioned?" Gabby sighed when I said that. "Matt, it's not even an option. Between 3 kids and my mental health...it's not a good idea for me to work here anyways. Plus, you would just worry about me working here."

I nodded and went to rub her back. "Gabby, I would worry about you regardless. It's called being your husband." Gabby sighed and agreed with me when I said that. "I want you to be happy. If you want to work...if that makes youh appy, then I want you to figure out where you want to work. There's the charity, there's the firehouse. And believe me, I would love to have you back. I just might miss having the kids here." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded.

"So that's why you want me here so often. You want to see the kids." I then went to joke with her. "Well of course, daddy can't go too long without seeing his baby girl." Gabby then sat up and looked at me. "Hey, of course I want to see you too. After all, I am spending time with you instead of being out with the group of people out there called our men." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "By the way, thanks for standing up for me with Gallo. You didn't..."

I shook my head. "Oh yes I did. I definitely did have to do that. Nobody, and I mean nobody is going to treat you like that when you are here. First of all, you are my wife and you are also a member of the Firehouse 51 family. Regardless of whether you are an employee here, you are always to be treated as one. You are family." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. That's when I saw Borelli walk over to us. "Hi Chief, can I speak to Gabby maybe?" 

I then turned to look at Gabby and smiled. "You want me to stay?" Gabby nodded. "Yeah." I then sat up more and looked at Borelli. "I just wanted to apologize for saying you aren't a firefighter and how it's reserved. I was trying to make a joke with the other firefighters and I guess it didn't go off well." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Jimmy, Matt is my husband and he's your boss. Believe me when I say this, you do not want to get on his bad side. So, make sure it doesn't happen again." He nodded and agreed when we both heard the bells go off. "Squad 3, Engine 51, Truck 81. Fire at Barton Retirement Homes."

Rushing away to the ambulance, I then looked at Gabby. "Stay safe okay?" I nodded and agreed as I went to grab my radio I had in there. Kissing her quickly, I then rushed out as we prepared to go to a fire. Meanwhile, Gabby just stayed in our room and relaxed in there with the kids.

NOTE: Sorry this one was so short. I promise, the next one will be longer since it is a fire.