Chapter 418

Matt's POV: As Gabby drove towards the firehouse, I smiled as I went to read some more e-mails on my phone. That way, I would be able to sit out in the common room as much as I could. That's when I saw that the shop wasn't done with Ambo 61 and we were stuck with the replacement for today. It was already at the house. "Oh c'mon!" Gabby was confused when I said that. "Something wrong baby?" I sighed and looked at her. "I sent Ambo 61 to the shop with the specific request it be ready for today. I just got an e-mail saying it's not ready."

I then stared at Gabby. "No, I am using that Ambo." Gabby then shook her head as she kept driving to the firehouse. Meanwhile, Sylvie was a bit confused. "What ambulance are we talking about?" I then turned to look at her. "It's the ambulance she drove on her last shift with Shay. So, she comes back and is driving it instead." Sylvie then looked at Gabby. "Gabby, we can do this together. Don't worry about it." I then looked at her. "You really just say that to someone with Anxiety?" I then went to sit back in my seat and got worried. I then decided to call the shop.

They answered right away. "CFD Shop, what's up Chief Casey?" I then sighed and spoke to them. "What's up with my Ambo. I requested it be ready for this shift." The technician was confused. "What are you talking about? Your ambo isn't the problem. It's Squad 3 that's not ready." I was shocked when they said that. "Okay, so what's with the e-mail." He didn't know an answer to that. I then sighed. "Gabby, go to the shops okay? I am going to figure this out." Gabby then looked at me. "But we'll be late." I then nodded. "Yeah, you can't be late if Chief isn't there."

Gabby then went to pull over. I was confused when she did that. "Hey, what's wrong baby?" I saw her tear up and just looked at her. "Hey, talk to me." She then sighed and turned to look at me. "That sentence hits close to home. Chief isn't there. He'll never be there again." I then realized what she said and nodded. "You sure you're okay to work?" Gabby nodded. "Just a bit hormonal." She then went to wipe her eyes and I sighed. "Listen, let me drive us to work okay?" Gabby then nodded. "Sylvie, can you drive the Ambo today? And we'll just go to the firehouse."

I then went back to the call. "Can you just get the mechanic to call me and tell me when my truck is ready?" He agreed with me and I went to hang up as I got out and looked at Gabby. Quickly hugging her, I sighed. "We are going to be fine okay?" I then gave her a quick kiss and smiled. "You are going to do great today Gabby." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to sit in the passenger seat. Meanwhile, I went to get in the driver's seat so that I could continue driving us to work.