Chapter 389

An hour later when Matt & Gabby are back at home:
Matt's POV: As I made my way downstairs to the kitchen after putting Gabby and Gabriel to bed in our room, I smiled when I check on Ella who was asleep in her crib. Meanwhile, Matteo at the daycare to have a bit of fun with his other friends for the day. We just needed him to be occupied so that we could concentrate on each other. He knew his brother was sick so, he understood (apparently) according to my sister. Walking into the kitchen, I looked at her and smiled. "So, tell me the truth. Did Matteo really understand why he was being dropped off at the daycare?"

Turning to look at me, Christie nodded before getting up to hug me. "How are Gabby and Gabriel?" I sighed and went to grab myself some water. "Gabriel is fast asleep in his crib. And Gabby is just laying there, staring at him. She is worried sick. And me, I am just here thinking about whether I should even work right now. I mean from home of course. I have reports to do. Well, I think. I am not sure what I am supposed to do today." Christie laughed when I said that. "Here's an idea. Maybe you can take it easy too. You know, he's your son too."

I nodded and sighed, understanding what she meant by that. "Yeah, you're right. I guess I am just trying not to overstress Gabby. This is already really stressful. But with her having Anxiety and OCD, it's just hard sometimes. Heck...the conversation we had last night was very enlightening. Stuff we talked about was stuff we really had to talk about. I just didn't know that." Christie nodded and understood. That's when I saw Violet walk over to me. "Uncle Matt, how is he?" I then turned to look at her and went to hug her...smiling. "He's doing better already."

Christie then looked at me. "Listen, I don't care what you say. I am not leaving when you are this stressed. You should concentrate on Gabby and Gabriel when they wake up. I can take care of Ella and go get Matteo later if you want." I then sighed. "I actually have to be the one to pick him up. We have a security protocol at the daycare. With Gabby's dad being out again...we have it set up where only me, Antonio or Gabby can pick him up." Christie then looked at me. "Well, you better add me to that list. I am your sister Matt." I nodded and agreed. "Why's Antonio on there?"

I sighed. "He has to by law. He has Gabby's joint-power of attorney. We make decisions together in the worst case scenario. That way emotions are kept out of it as much as possible. I also did that so that...he can act in my place if I am running late because something happens during a call. So yeah, it's complicated." Christie nodded and understood what I meant. "Does Gabby know that?" I nodded. "Yeah, she had to agree to it." We both nodded when I said that. "By the way, I want to get mom under one. I am sorry but, I am scared she's losing it again."

Christie nodded when I said that. "I think she's still grieving her brother's death last year. It is the anniversary after all." I nodded and sighed. "I am just worried I guess. Heck, I am always more worried than you know. It's really hard on me. Being Chief and also being Gabby's husband. By the way, did I talk to you about Matteo?" Christie then shook her head. "I wasn't going to say anything but, he was such a brat las tnight. He didn't want to listen to me and was so...anxious. It's like he forget all about me until we got to play again." I nodded and agreed with her.

"We think he has Anxiety, ADHD and OCD." Christie then looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, I can see that now when I think about it." I laughed when she said that before going to grab some water. "Listen, can we move this to the living room? I mean, if you don't have to work." Christie shook her head. "No, I took today off. Monday is President's Day and I wanted to have the extra day." I then smiled. "Oh good. That's good for me." Christie was confused when I said that. "Why?"

I smirked. "I work Monday and Tuesday. That means that monday, I get my Chief's Salary plus an hourly rate that a normal firefighter makes. So that's a lot more money than normal." Christie nodded and agreed with me. "Well, that's good for you. Meanwhile, I am stuck with that brat over there because her father moved away with his wife and kids." I then looked at her and nodded. "Actually, you aren't. She already has plans on Monday." Violet then looked up at me. "Yeah, with friends." I then laughed when she said that. "Nope, here with Gabby."

Violet then looked at me. "Say what now?" I then sighed. "Violet, you promised me that you would always be available to help whenever you can. I have to work and we have 3 kids under the age of 2. You saw how hard it was just with the two of you last night. Try having to do that when you have mental health problems. Your mom gets a day off because she has to work the next day. Last time I checked, you still haven't applied to Molly's when I know that you have your driver's license and that you are old enough to tend bar now. So, what gives Violet?"

Violet then shrugged meanwhile, I just shook my head. "I am going to talk to my co-workers at work. There's a job opening. Me and Gabby are quitting Molly's because it's just too much. You can go work there as a waitress if you want." Violet was about to say something when Christie spoke up. "Violet, what do you say to your uncle Matt?" Violet then sighed. "Fine, I'll take the job." I then looked at her. "Or you can be my live-in nanny who has to help Gabby with the diapers whenever you aren't at school." Violet then got nervous. "Molly's it is!"

Christie was shocked when I got her to say that. "Okay, how in the world did you get her to say yes that fast?" I smiled at her. "Christie, may I remind you that I have 3 kids in diapers? That's a lot of diapers to change. Heck, the money I would save from hiring a full-time nanny would be ridiculous." Violet then looked at me. "I get to drive the Tesla to and from school." Me and Christie then both turned to look at her. "What did you just say?" Violet then looked at me. "What? It's just sitting there in the garage on a daily basis. You use the van don't you?"