February 18, 2022

Matt's POV: As I woke up the next morning, I smiled as I looked at Gabby who was currently just laying down on my chest while I leaned against a pillow. Tugging the covers up as she slept with her legs in between mine, her head on my shoulder and hand on my chest...I decided to text Christie and see how the kids were last night. I wanted to update her on how everything went here and thank her so much for taking them. This was exactly what we needed last night and I wouldn't have changed anything that happened last night....especially not what happened in bed. Let's just hope that we don't have a repeat of December 2019. Then we are both screwed. Grabbing my phone, I smiled as I went to text Christie.

Matt: Hey, were the kids last night? Just texting...Gabby still asleep.

Christie then texted me back pretty quickly, obviously awake with the kids. 

Christie: They are great. We still have a lot of milk so take your time. Matteo is up watching Disney. I am feeding Ella, Violet has Gabriel. 

I smiled when she sent me that. I then just looked down at Gabby when I felt her hand move. "Matt, what time is it?" Wrapping my arms around her, I smiled as I went to kiss her forehead softly. "It's still early. I think 7:30. My watch alarm went off and we are normally awake." Gabby nodded as she went to kiss me chest softly before laying her head back down. Grabbing the back of her head, I held her close and smiled as I ran my fingers through her hair. "Christie said she still has a lot of milk and that we can take our time if we want. I think that might be a good idea." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Morning swim after breakfast?"

I thought about it and nodded, liking the idea. "It'll probably help you. We can just take time together and hold each other in the water. Share a nice kiss. Then, we can come back up here and take a nice shower before checking out later. I got the late check out deal so we are good for a while." Gabby nodded when I said that before cuddling up to me. "Think we can go back to sleep though? I know we normally wake up now but...we have an opportunity to sleep in together for once. No kids, time alone with my husband. That is really what I need right now. Think you can do that for me?" I nodded and agreed, going to kiss her head.

I then decideed to text Christie one last time quickly. 

Matt: We're going to take you up on that offer. We are going to take a swim before we leave. Might be back early afternoon if that's okay?

Texting me back pretty quickly (again), Christie agreed with that.

Christie: Sounds good. Dinner later?
Matt: Sorry sis, still pretty stressful around the house. Can we do it another time? Just need time.
Christie: Of course Matt. Go back to sleep, it's early and we have your kids.
Matt: :) Thanks. Tell Matteo that we are going to be home later and that we love him.
Christie: I will. Now put your phone down and enjoy your naked wife.
Matt: How did you?

Christie: I know it's THE hotel you guys went to. I looked it up online.
Matt: Okay, I am going to let you go now. See you later.

Wrapping my arm around Gabby again, I smiled as I went to kiss her head while falling asleep once again with my gorgeous wife still fast asleep on my chest.