Chapter 374 Part 3 - Matt's POV

As I walked Gabby to the stairs, I smiled as I went to lean against the wall. Grabbing her hand, I brought her close to me before intertwining our fingers. "You sure you're okay Matt?" I nodded as I went to grab her neck. "I promise, I am going to be okay. It's just...I need to have a sounding board at times. Gabby, the way your brain is wired is still a mystery to me sometimes. Sometimes I feel like Antonio is the only person I can turn to when it comes to figuring out how to talk to you so I don't hurt you. Does that make sense?" Gabby looked at me and nodded.

"I get it Matt. This is also good practice for when you have to talk to Matteo. I just hope that tonight, you can have this same conversation that you had with Antonio with me." I nodded and smiled when she saisd that. "I promise. Sure, it might take me time but...I am going to try and figure out how to have this conversation with you. I know that communication is really important in a marriage and I am really going to make an effort. And I hope you can see that. Gabby, this is me making an effort okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "I can see that."

Wrapping my arms around her, I went to kiss her softly. "Listen, we can continue this later. Right now, I just want to get through all these thoughts I have with Antonio. Then, we can get together again and talk about what I talked to Antonio about." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Okay, you have a good conversation and I will talk to you later okay?" I smiled and agreed with her when she said that before letting her go. Watching her walk upstairs, I smiled as I took a breath before walking back over to Antonio so that we could keep talking.

Sitting back down, I let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry about that. Just wanted to make sure I was transparent with Gabby when it came to what I was doing with you. Didn't want her to get worried about whether I was complaining." Antonio nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Honestly, I just figured out what you are doing myself. You are talking to me so you can work on how to tell Gabby the same stuff you are telling me." I nodded and agreed with him. "It's me being scared like hell because of how her brain is wired. I am scared to loose her again."

Antonio laughed when I said that. "Matt, my sister is madly in love with you. Believe me when I said this...she isn't going anywhere anytime soon. She is never going to leave you or the kids. You are safe." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Am I safe to continue being honest with you about how I really feel?" Antonio nodded and smiled at me. "I understand what you are doing so yes, now we were talking about you and a night alone?" I laughed and smiled. "We are going to take you up on that I think. Whether it be supper or just a night here to talk."

"Speaking of talking, you want to continue?" I laughed and agreed with him when he said that, ready to continue with our conversation to try and figure out how exactly I could talk to Gabby about all of this later.

NOTE: I know that it isn't even lunch time but, I am going to skip right to the date. I have an idea how I want to cover it. But first, you guys need to know about what happens in between now and the start of the date.
1) Gabby and Matt are staying at a hotel for the night and are going out for supper.
2) Matt's sister Christie and niece Violet are watching the kids at their place.
3) Gabby and Matt have already spoken as of the start of the next chapter (pre-date)
4) The air has now been cleared and everything is okay between the two of them.