Gabby's First Call Back

3 Minutes Later at Lakeshore & Jameson:
Gabby's POV: As I arrived at the scene, I went to look at Sylvie who drove us there. "Wow, that was fast. I am not used to that." She laughed and agreed. "I was the same way right after we had Hannah." I laughed and smiled at her as I went to grab the bag and then walked over. "Move out of the way! CFD Paramedics!" I then looked at the woman when I realized who it was. It was my mom, all dolled up to go on a date. Sylvie must've noticed too because we said pretty much the same thing at the same time. 

Sylvie: "Camille!"
Gabby: "Mom!"

My mom then looked at us both. "What are the odds that I get my daughters as my paramedics." I then laughed as I went to grab my bag. Checking her ankle, I went to look at her. "Mom, you seriously forgot everything that I ever taught you about first aid didn't you?" She nodded and agreed. "How's your first day back so far?" I then looked at her. "You're my first call. Not really what I want to see if you understand what that means. Great for my anxiety mom." Yep, I just moved from worried to annoyed. 

I then went to grab my phone and sent both Matt and Antonio (basically) the same text. ''Patient is my mom. Join me at hospital?' and 'Mom sprained ankle, ambo call. Meet at hospital?' I then went to put my phone away and looked at mom. "Antonio is on his way and so is Matt. They'll probably meet us at the hospital to talk to you." She nodded and agreed as I went to check on her leg. "Sylvie, you need to take lead. You are a bit more removed as her daughter-in-law. I am her daughter so..."

Sylvie nodded and understood what I meant. That's when Matt texted me. 'On my way. She okay?' I then sighed and just ignored it. I am working after all. Sylvie however, knew it was Matt or Antonio. "Text them back Gabby." I shook my head. "Nope, not when it was chief." Sylvie then nodded and agreed, understanding what I meant. "Right, you need to separate that." I nodded and agreed when I went to get the chair. Walking back from the ambo, I went to look at my mom and helped her up. "C'mon mom, let's get you to the hospital."

I then looked at Sylvie. "Sylvie, you drive. I will ride in the back and talk to her. We both know she is going to talk to you endlessly about Hannah if you sit in the back. She knows I am not in the mood with my OCD and stuff." We all nodded and agreed, knowing it was the case. We then went to put my mom in the back. I got in with her and looked at her to check she had her purse. Sylvie then looked at me. "This a rush or we taking it slow?" I then looked at her. "Slow, no rush." She agreed and nodded, going to get in. Meanwhile, I went to grab my forms.

I then sighed and went to read over the questions. "Did you experience bluriness, disiness or impaired vision prior to your fall?" My mom then looked at me. "Gabby, I tripped while wearing heels." I then just looked at her. "Mom! I am doing my job. I am not your daughter right now. I am a paramedic. These are the reports. You want to get me in trouble with my husband? Yes, he is my boss. So please just shut up and let me do my job." She nodded and agreed when I said that. Meanwhile, Sylvie drove us to the hospital so we could take care of my mom.