Chapter 356

Matt's POV: As I finished topping up the gas tank at the city garage, I smiled when I pulled into the garage at the firehouse. But unfortunately, my smile was short lived considering I came back to see Gabby talking to her dad. Getting out of the truck, I walked over to her and sighed. "Hey, when did he get here." Going to wrap my arm around her, I rubbed her back. "He just got here and was leaving." Ramon then looked at me. "I have just as much right to be here as you. Please Gabriela, please...let me meet my granddaughter. I've seen pictures. She's adorable."

Looking at Gabby, I went to kiss her forehead softly. "Want me to talk to him? I can get the police involved easily. See how exactly he found out that we were here?" He then looked at me. "Oh, I was coming here to talk to you anyways. Matt, you have to let by gones be by goes by now. Don't you want your kids to know one of their grandfathers." I just looked at him and shook my head. "Gabby, go inside to the kids okay? I have to speak to your father alone." Gabby agreed, walking away to go into the firehouse. "And take Stella with you. Relax, breathe."

She nodded and agreed as she went to walk into the firehouse. Meanwhile, I looked at Ramon. "Listen here Ramon, I am not going to play this nice. You are not meeting my daughter." Ramon then looked at me. "Like you even have a say in that. I am her grandfather, I have a right to..." I then stopped him. "Sorry, you have a right? You have no right to see my kids if I don't want you to. I don't care if you saw pictures...you never wanted us to have kids because of her aneurysm. By the way, it's gone so just don't even go there." He nodded and smiled. "That's good."

I nodded. "Yes, it's great. But, we are done having kids. And now, our jobs are to protect our kids." Ramon then looked at me. "From what, their grandfather?" I nodded. "Yeah. Or did you forget why you went to jail? You burned my house down with your daughter and grandson inside. Heck, I am even shocked that you are out. You should've been charged with attempted murder and gotten at least 10 years. I don't care if you got out because of COVID. You should be behind bars because you are dangerous. You made my wife pass out in the parking lot."

Ramon. "Matt, that was..." I then looked at him. "Less than 18 months ago. Now, this is the last time I am going to ask you nicely...please leave the firehouse." He then looked at me and pushed past me to head into the firehouse. Going to grab my radio, I went to radio to Severide. "Severide, we have an intruder in the firehouse. Please barricade door to apparatus floor."  I then watched as Severide and a couple of their guys ran towards the door and went to keep Ramon out of the house. "How did you do that?" I then looked at him. "Radio. Now, I said get out."

Ramon just shook his head. "You have no right no do this to me. You aren't the...." I just looked at him. "The Chief. Yes, yes I am. Now, please leave before I have to get Antonio involved." That's when I heard police sirens at the scene. Turning around, I saw Antonio and sighed. "Let me guess, Gabby called you?" He nodded and agreed as he walked up the driveway. Looking at his father, he got mad. "What did I tell you? I said to stay away from both me and Gabby." Ramon then looked at Antonio and went to speak to him. "Antonio, how are you? I heard you..."

Antonio then went to sucker punch him, still mad at him. Falling onto the ground, Ramon looked up at Antonio before going to get up when Antonio grabbed him and went to handcuff him. "You forget that I am a police officer and have every right to arrest you for tresspassing. That protection order is still in effect and I can send you back to jail. Instead, you are going to somewhere even worse than jail." I then looked at him. "Where?" Antonio then looked at me. "I am taking him to get a talking to from Voigt in his private questioning area."

I nodded and agreed. "I will talk to Gabby okay? Can you please make sure we get an updated protection order. Oh and you also have to change it to update his name." Antonio then looked at me and agreed. "Right, forgot about that. Now, get him to the district. If you want to come back and check on Gabby, call me first okay? He nodded and agreed as he went to lead his dad away. Meanwhile, I went to walk into the firehouse to go check on Gabby.