Chapter 373

Matt's POV:
Once we all finished having breakfast, I smiled as I sat down with Gabby and the kids in the living room. Holding Ella in my lap, I kissed her head and smiled at her. "Someone likes cuddling up to daddy now doesn't she?" Ella then played with my fingers while I took a drink of my coffee. Meanwhile, Antonio looked at me. "We going to go talk or do you want to wait until later Matt?" I sighed when he said that and I was about to answer when Gabby spoke first. "Is Matt in trouble or something Antonio? Because last time I checked, he has been doing great."

Turning to look at her, I shook my head. "It's not that. It's the fact that I need to get my emotions out to someone. I know that you are there for me but...sometimes I need someone who isn't you. I don't want to pile this on top of you right now. I need some guy talk time." Gabby then looked at me and grabbed my hand. "Can you at least tell me a bit?" I nodded and went to kiss her softly. "It's just my feelings about the entire situation with your dad and stuff. And maybe stuff about me thinking about whether this was the right choice for us career wise?"

Gabby nodded and agreed. "Listen, what I said last night Matt...I think I was just caught off guard. If you think you quitting is best for us...I am going to follow your lead. At the end of the day, it's your decision." I sighed when she said that before going to kiss her forehead. "Not really, we also need to take the fact that my job is currently providing us our health insurance and is the sole source of income. So, it's not like I can just quit and take time to find a new job. I need to stay employed for practical reasons. So, I am sorry if it's not that easy on me."

Antonio then looked at me. "Is that why you want to talk to me?" I nodded and sighed. "Yeah, I have a lot on my mind. And if I share it all with Gabby first, I am scared that she will obsess over it and it will overwhelm her." I then looked at Gabby. "You understand that right Gabby? I am just trying to do what's best for you. And I honestly do not think that me sharing what I have to say with you first is what's best for you. You'll get overwhelmed, really stressed and we both know that I don't want that for you regardless of the situation."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "So, you are going to use Antonio as a sounding board?" I laughed a bit when she said that and nodded. "Yeah, I guess you could call him that. Is that okay with you?" Gabby nodded as she went to kiss me softly. "Of course, go ahead and talk. Just promise me that you will just listen to him Antonio. Let him talk to you and don't give him trouble if he says something that you don't want to hear. He is asking to confide in you so he doesn't overwhelm me." Antonio nodded and smiled at her.

"I promise, now we going to talk now?" I nodded and agreed, going to give Gabby one last kiss before getting up so that I could head downstairs with Antonio so that we could talk.

Gabby's POV:
Once Matt and Antonio left to go downstairs and talk, Sylvie turned to look at me. "What do you think he has to talk to Antonio about?" I sighed when she asked me that. "Honestly, I am not sure. But, if he wants to talk to Antonio about it...then it must be pretty serious. He doesn't confide in Antonio unless he really thinks that it will help. He sees Antonio as his surrogate father-in-law so, their relationship is strange. Doesn't help that Antonio is very protective of me."

Sylvie nodded and smiled. "Honestly, I like it though. Seeing my husband get all protective over his sister/my best friend is attractive in my opinion. Sure, does it bother me that it affects my marriage sometimes? Of course. But, whether it be him that's worried or it's me that's worried...it helps to talk about it in between us because that way, we are both much more relaxed at the end of the day. Don't read into that though okay Gabby...you are fine." I nodded and agreed with her. "Yeah. Okay now, on to other topics. You are in on the CPD Gossip so spill." Sylvie laughed when I said that. "Only if you give me CFD Gossip." I nodded and smiled, having fun.