Chapter 376

Hermann's POV: As I looked at Matt, I knew I was about to get scolded and possibly yelled at by my chief. I then just stood there, ready to take it. "Hermann, listen...I get you and Cindy are open when it comes to work. But I am going to have to please ask that you leave Gabby's shit out of it. Yes, she is your friend but...it wasn't your stuff to talk about. It was private family affairs." I sighed and realized that. "How is she anyways? Sorry, I hope I can ask that." Matt nodded and sighed. "She's really stressed and just ready to forget it all happened. How was end of shift?"

I nodded. "It went good. We all got our reports in on time and stuff." Matt nodded and agreed as he leaned against the wall. "Now listen Matt, I get that you don't want me prying but...talk to me. I am the closest thing you have to a dad now. So, let me adopt you and you can be my 6th kid." Matt smiled when I said that. "Not sure if that would be a good idea considering that means you would have to change houses. Remember, no family at the firehouse. Wait, why am I laughing?"

I sighed and knew that wasn't going to work with him. "Hermann, Gabby is not a member of the firehouse. She is my wife, and you know that she has problems. You know she has trust issues and you of all people should understand what it's like to be stressed both as a mom and when your husband is a firefighter. Cindy must tell you how she feels." I nodded and agreed with him. "Yeah, she does tell me." Matt agreed. "Then can you please consider that? And just remember that Gabby has anxiety, OCD and ADHD. So, it's even worse for her. She's really stressed."

I felt bad for him when he said that. "I am so sorry Matt, stupid brain of mine forgets sometimes that she has that stuff to deal with. How is it going anyways?" Matt sighed when I asked him that. "I would rather not talk about it since you are my friend. I have just dealt with it all day and I was hoping not to have to deal with it tonight. By the way, can you do the reports tonight?" I nodded. "Hey, of course I can. By the way, everything went great today. No problems at all."

Matt agreed and smiled when I said that. "Listen, just promise me that you will butt out of our business." I nodded and agreed. "Yes. Just after we talk at dinner. The dinner we are going to be paying for. You guys are not paying for it when you've already paid for a suite." I smiled when he said that. "Good, because the steaks are to die for here." Walking over to the elevator, I smiled as I went to push the button. "Have you guys stayed here before?" Matt nodded and smiled. "This was the hotel where the event was in 2019. And that was the room where it happened."

I laughed when he said that and smiled as we both got into the elevator. Pushing the button to the main floor, Matt then looked at me. "Oh, by the way...remind me to bring up the baptism. We haven't asked Cindy yet personally. I hope you haven't told her?" I shook my head. "No, that's your job. Not mine." Matt smiled and agreed with me as we headed down to the restaurant so that we could have supper together.