Chapter 375

A Couple Hours Later at the Intercontinental Hotel, Magnificent Mile
This is the hotel from "Best Friend Magic"
Matt's POV: As I walked around the hotel suite I reserved for me and Gabby, I smiled because I remembered the wonderful memories we made here just a few years ago. In fact, this is the same hotel suite that led us to the journey we are on tonight. Walking into the washroom after putting my suit on, I smiled as I went to walk into the washroom to see my beautiful wife putting on a (tight) black dress that she brought along for the nice supper we were going to have downstairs.

Looking at me in the mirror, she smiled. "New suit?" I then laughed when she said that before going to grab the zipper on her dress. "I remember the last time you said that while we were here." Gabby smiled when I said that before feeling me zip her up. Turning around to look at me, she smiled while putting her hands on my chest. "By the way, I am glad we already talked. I know you said you wanted to do it after supper but...it would've ruined the date for me."

I nodded and understood what she meant. She would've only thought about what we were going to talk about instead of our meal. "Listen, I just want to make sure you know that I do trust you with the kids okay? You know that right. I just need to say that." Gabby nodded as she rubbed my chest. "Hey, of course I know that. And thank god you told me to let you just talk instead of me interrupting. I would've been so offended had you just said that without explaining what you meant." I nodded and agreed with her. Grabbing her neck, I went to kiss her softly before just holding her close to me. "Tonight, I want you to let me take you in my arms."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Believe me, that was the plan the minute we got here. You really think I am just going to let you take me here and not take me to bed when this is where we started our journey back to each other?" I smiled when she said that. "Can I tell you a secret?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "Yeah." I then smiled as I grabbed her hand. "While I was making the reservation, I spoke to the manager. Said that this is a special hotel for us because it led to us getting back together. I asked him for the same room where we spent that fateful night. It was available and I am proud to say that this is the same room. Not the same bed but..."

Gabby smiled when I said that. Tugging me against her chest, I went to wrap my arms around her before kissing her softly. "Matt, I don't care if this is the same bed or not. You got us the same suite where we had Matteo. Baby, that is so romantic." I smiled when she said that and nodded before going to push a strand of hair behind her ear. "Listen, how about me and you get going downstairs to the restaurant? Then, we can have a nice meal. You pumped and we have no kids for the night. That means, we can drink wine."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Get me anything red." I smiled when she said that before going to kiss her one last time before grabbing her hand. Intertwining our fingers, I smiled as I went to shut the light off int he bathroom before opening the door to our suite. "You grabbed the card right?" I went to check in my wallet that I had it before showing it to her. "It's right here. Now, take a deep breath...relax and let's enjoy this night. We had a long conversation and it's done. So tonight, it's a date night. Tonight we are Mr. and Mrs. Casey, not mommy, daddy or papa. Not Chief and Mrs. Chief Casey. Well at least, for now.

Walking out of the suite, we saw Hermann and Cindy come out of their suite. "Gabby? Matt?" Looking at Cindy, I smiled at her. "How are you Cindy?" I then went to hug her and smiled. "Captain, you clean up nice." Hermann smiled when I said that. "Sorry for leaving early. I booked the night off for this reason." I nodded and agreed. "Hermann, relax. I am here on a date with my wife because we just got through something hard." Cindy nodded and agreed. "I heard what your dad did. Are you..."

Gabby just sighed and walked away to go to the elevator. I then groaned and looked at Hermann. "Cindy, do you mind taking Gabby down to the hotel lobby for me? I need to speak to my Captain here." Cindy looked at me and knew I was not happy. Looking at Gabby, I smiled. "I will resolve this. Get a table with Hermann and Cindy. We are all going to the same restaurant. Maybe then Hermann can pay the bill for us for possibly ruining my night."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "Sure thing, I need to catch up with Cindy anyways." Walking over to me, Gabby gave me a quick kiss. "And nothing is going to ruin this night for me. A night without the kids in this amazing hotel that has a lot of memories for us...in that nice bed." I then smirked as I went to kiss her. "Go get a table for the four of us. I will resolve this with Hermann and then we will be on our way down." Gabby nodded and smiled as she grabbed my hand before walking away to go downstairs with Cindy. "By the way Cindy, you clean up nice."

She smiled and nodded at me as she went to go downstairs with Gabby.