Chapter 384

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished in the shower, I smiled as I finished getting dressed before going to put some deodorant on. That's when I heard a knock on the door and smiled as I went to open it. Gabby was still in the washroom and I knew she would be in there for a while since she was already wearing her swimsuit and was now just doing her hair. Opening the door to our room, I smiled as I looked at the breakfast. "Thanks again." I then went to tip him.

The guy smiled and seemed to appreciate the fact that I tiped him. "Thanks Mr. Casey. Have a good day." I smiled and agreed as I went to bring it into the bedroom. Closing the door behind me, I smiled when I came in to see Gabby coming out of the washroom into the bedroom part of our hotel suite. She then looked at the breakfast and smiled. "That looks delicious." I smiled when she said that and nodded as I looked at her tight swimsuit. "Wow, that's really tight babe."

Gabby then smiled when I said that. "What do you think? You like it?" I then nodded and smiled as I walked up to her. "I love it." Wrapping my arms around her, I then went to kiss her softly. "But more importantly...I love you." Gabby smiled when I said that while holding me close. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to kiss her forehead and smiled at her. "You like what we ordered for breakfast or are you changing your mind when it comes to what we ordered?" Gabby shook her head when I said that and then smiled at me. "No, this is perfect."

I smiled and agreed with her as I went to grab one of the bagels I ordered. I then went to put some butter on it before grabbing a plate. "Here, go sit on the bed. I will make me a bagel next." She agreed and smiled while walking away to go sit on the bed. Quickly pooring her a glass of juice, I then went to give it to her. "I'll be right back." Gabby then sighed. "Matt, I already took them. I promise." I then turned to look at her and nodded. "I trust you. Sorry, I shouldn't have." Gabby agreed with me. "I know you are worried. So go check."

I then sighed. "I have to pack them anyways. I was just going to go put them in my travel bag to make sure that we didn't forget them. Plus, I was going to pack up before we leave." Gabby nodded and agreed as I walked away. Going to check that she took them, I smiled while going to put them in my travel bag. "Sorry I doubted you babe." Walking back out after checking, I went to grab the bagel that I got for myself before going to sit on the bed.

Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she went to sit against her pillow. Looking at me, she smiled and went to grab my hand. "Hey, don't apologize. You are doing it because you are worried. I don't think any other guy would ever do that for me. You are so attentive and so caring, and I love you for that. I know what I say might come off like I am annoyed but the truth is that I am glad you check. It shows me you care a lot more than you think."

I smiled when she said that before moving my hand to her hip. Kissing her softly, I smiled as we just sat close to one another for a minute. "I love you." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to grab my hand. She then moved her bagel onto the bed next to her before moving close to me. Rolling over to face away from me, she went to grab her bagel again to keep eating. Meanwhile, I went to wrap my arm around her waist and held her close.

Feeling my arm around her waist, Gabby just grabbed my hand and rubbed it while I held her close. "You know, I like it when you do this right? It makes me feel safe." I smiled when she said that. "Good, because you are safe in my arms. Always have been and always will be. I promise." Grabbing my food again, I smiled when I went to take another bite. Gabby then did the same while we held each other close, enjoying a bit of quiet time that morning.

"Do you mind if we just sit in silence while we eat Matt? I know you probably like talking but...we rarely get to do this." I smile when she said that before whispering in her ear. "I love that idea in complete honestly. Just gives me time to hold my beautiful wife close to me and time to take a breather. Honestly, my mind has been everywhere over the past 24 hours so...a bit of quiet time is appreciate." Gabby then got worried when I said that. "Everything okay?"

I nodded. "Yes Gabby, no worries. It's just...I haven't stopped since the firehouse. So, this quiet time is nice." Gabby smiled and agreed with me, knowing exactly what I meant when I said that. And boy was I glad that was the case because that meant that I didn't have to explain this and ruin this amazing moment we were having with each other.