Chapter 412

Matt's POV: After carrying Gabby to my bedroom office (which got a few glares from our friends however, I just ignored them), I finally laid her down and smiled at her. "I swear, that had to either be the most awkward or sexiest thing I ever did with you in here?" Gabby was confused when I said that before watching as I went to sit on the bed. Slipping off my boots, I smiled as I went to lean over her. "What do you mean?" I then smiled at her. "Everybody watched me carry you through the firehouse between my offices." Gabby then smiled and nodded when I said that.

"They are just jealous that the woman they love isn't here with them." I nodded and agreed with her before going to get in bed next to her. Rolling over onto her side, Gabby then smiled at me as she grabbed my hand. "So, how has your day been so far?" I then sighed when she asked me that. "It's been full of mixed emotions. Stuff I would rather not talk about when we are here in bed." Gabby nodded and understood what I was talking about as I moved closer to her. Moving her hands to my chest, Gabby then stared into my eyes while I held her close to me.

"Listen, I am sorry if I created tension between us. That was never my intention. I am just worried about you. You know that right?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she went to wrap her arms around me. Moving closer to me, she smiled while I leaned over her. Kissing her softly, I moved to whisper to her. "I love you." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "I love you too Matt. No matter what happens, we are in this together for the rest of our lives okay?" I agreed with her when she said that and smiled at her. "You know, one thing I have to say though is that I think you should come here more. I miss you a lot at night."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "With or without the kids?" I then sighed. "I am not sure. That's something we are going to have to talk about. I mean, we are really going to be comfortable having the kids here? Heck, I am not even sure if I am comfortable having you here. I mean, I am starting to now that my leadership is secured but..." Gabby then nodded, understanding what I meant. "Listen Matt, you don't have to explain to me okay? I understand." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "I'm glad, don't want to create more tension."

Gabby sighed when I said that before going to grab my hand. Intertwining our fingers, I could tell something was up. "What's up Gabby? And don't tell me nothing. Right now, I am your husband. I am not the chief." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I guess I am just worried again. Matt, I already told you how I feel about you going into buildings. Yes, I get it was to save Severide. It's just...I am really starting to rethink this whole stay-at-home mom thing. Think it would be okay if I came back to working here?" I thought about it and sighed. "Paramedic or firefighter?"

Gabby then looked at me. "Paramedic of course. I know what we said earlier...it's just, I get worried. It's why I like to be here. Being on your scenes might help because that way, I can see you are okay." I nodded and understood. "Plus, you need the stimulation. Is that what you are getting at?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "Would you be okay if I came back here? I mean of course you would have to talk to headquarters but..they must understand." I nodded. "They already know that you are coming back here if you wanted to come back to the CFD."

I then went to rub her cheek. "I want you to put all the kids at ASKA for a bit first okay? Either that or my mom has to move in permanently. I am not going to bring the kids here if we are both working. That's not going to happen. And you are going to have to take it slow when you come back for my sake. I am going to have to get used to having you at my scenes again. It was different when we just had Matteo because I worked with you one-one-one." Gabby then agreed. "I want to do 24 hour shifts thought. That way we can have more time with the kids." I agreed and nodded, smiling at her. "Then, let's get it set up." Gabby smiled and agreed with me.

Kissing me softly, I could tell that Gabby was excited that she was coming back to the CFD.