12

The brightness of sun came through the window. Minho is awake and stretching his body with a few groans escaped his mouth. He rubbed his eyes a bit before turning his head to meet a sleeping Hannie right by his side. He took the moment to cooe at Hannie's cuteness. His right hand went to pat the squirrel gently. With a single touch,the squirrel shot open his eyes before rubbing it's cheek at back of Minho's palm.

"How's your ankle, sweetie?"

Minho smiles as he ran his hand to have a hold on the squirrel's ankle. It didn't flinch and that's how Minho knows that it has completely healed. And here comes the sad part. Letting it go.

Just the thought of it makes Minho's smile dropped. So,this is the day Hannie will meet freedom. This is the last day he'll play with Hannie. This is the last day he'll ever take care of the squirrel he loves the most.

"You will be freed today. How does that sounds?"

The human glances and fake a smile towards the squirrel. But Hannie didn't respond. Minho of course thought that the squirrel doesn't understand anything and that's why it didn't respond. He lifted Hannie closer to him before patting it more. He knows how much the squirrel loves pats. He stares at Hannie for the last time, admiring the creature's cute features.

"I hope I can keep you but I'm not gonna do that just for my happiness. Well,not again."

Minho smiles bitterly as he lifts Hannie closer to leave a peck on the squirrel. His lips and the squirrel finally made contact and....

POOF

"W-what are you!?"

"Duhhh, a hybrid of course."

A/N : Well it's still Friday so 4 updates won't hurt ig :)