Home.

"That's it?" You ask, lowering the piece of paper with hasty scribbles all over it. "That's your plan?"
Tomura nods, his eyes on the paper as you lay it on the hotel bed.
"While everyone else has been looking for a new place to live this is what you've been doing?" You ask, almost ensuring that he was being genuine.
"Yep." He says firmly, confidently.
"I'm impressed, Tomura." You say, wholly expecting the smug smile that takes over his face. "This is the most stupid idea you've ever had."
His face immediately falls, as you expected it to.

You lift the paper in the air again, waving it around. "Your plan is to get into Tartarus using Toga's Quirk? How is she meant to find someone to get the blood?"
"Giran." Tomura grunts, his hand inching towards his neck.
"Costly." You point out. "We keep having to steal money as it is, we're gonna have to rob a bank for that kind of help from Giran."
"Doable." Tomura says simply.
"No."
His red eyes are beginning to glimmer now, anger sparkling as though it was sunshine hitting an ocean of red.

"Say we do that." You continue. "Say she gets in. Then what? She finds Sensei. No doubt they have him in an incredibly restrictive position what with all his Quirks. How's she getting him out?"
"She'll figure it out."
"She'll figure it out?" You ask exasperatedly, slamming the paper back down with your hand. "She is a child. This is ridiculous."
"You just don't want Sensei back." Tomura seethes, his fingers raking across his heavily scarred neck.
"Life would be a lot easier right now if he was back. So sure I do. I hate living in such a tight space, I hate not having my books, and I especially hate being in pain constantly."

Tomura remains silent, his violent scratching slowing slightly despite his eyes still being narrowed.
"For now we have to do things on our own." You sigh, standing beside the bed. "There's no getting Sensei back with just us two, three men, a woman, Kurogiri and a child."
"I'll destroy the building." Tomura says quickly, obviously concocting a plan B.
"And when a brick falls on his head and I can't find him in all the rubble to heal him?" You sigh.
Tomura falls silent again.

"Tomura, you're the leader. So lead. Stop letting your own wants get in the way of everything." You say, sliding away from him on the bed. "It's not just us anymore. You're gonna have to start looking out for the others too, otherwise they'll leave and we'll have nothing again. They're a good team to have. Be good to them."
You don't even turn to see his reaction, knowing you were likely to come back to a half destroyed room after you told him his plan was dumb and then topped it all off with a plea to stop thinking about himself, something he was not familiar with at all.

-

You walk alone down the streets with your hood up, peering into buildings that had been boarded up on the outside. Sometimes the houses and shop buildings were still occupied, sometimes you'd find they were abandoned, but had already been claimed by other squatters.
"Fuck." You hiss as you peer into another building that had already been filled with squatters.
Your ankles were aching big time now, but you didn't want to go back yet, wanting Kurogiri to have properly dealt with Tomura and his destructive mood way before you even entertained the idea of going back there.

You sigh, pushing yourself away from the window again.
Buying a new bar was going to be nigh on impossible, it would take weeks of everyone putting in effort to solely steal cash before you'd be able to afford it, even if the bar itself was a shit hole.
You grumble to yourself as you move along. If only you had a Quirk that could turn stuff into money, like those stories about Tanuki. But no, all you were any good for was taking pain away from other people.
"Hey." A deep voice calls from behind you in the alleyway.

You turn around slowly, quickly pressing the button on your ring in fear that you may actually have to engage in combat. You fight back a groan as you spot a hero heading towards you.
"Are you okay?" He asks, as he slowly approaches you. "It's really late, and these streets aren't the safest right now."
"Fine, thanks." You say abruptly.
God, you hated the outside.
You hated heroes.
"I really wouldn't feel right leaving you here, miss." He says, a small smile appearing on the unmasked lower half of his face that you could see. "Let me walk you to where you need to be."

You really, really have to fight back a scoff at the man. Now they wanted to help you. Not when you were a child, bleeding out on the streets, but now. When you were perfectly healthy and going about your business without bothering anyone.
"I'll be fine. Really." You insist, shifting on your feet as you prepare to lunge for him, knowing from the look on his face that he likely wasn't going to give up on walking with you.
"Suki!"
Your body loosens as you recognise the voice, your head turning to spot a brown haired man approach you rapidly, a warm smile on his handsome face.

"You know her?" The hero asks, his neck craning to look at the man approaching you.
"Of course I do." Compress says, taking your hand in his. "She's my fiancée. We were just looking for her ring, weren't we dear?"
"Yeah. I dropped it earlier. Could have sworn it was around here." You mutter, the lie rolling off your tongue like it was second nature.
The sound of something bouncing behind Compress' turned back draws your attention and you squeak in genuine surprise when you see an engagement ring lying on the floor.

"How funny." The hero says a little dubiously.
You bend to pick it up, your knees cracking audibly and echoing within the alleyway. You put on a big, fake smile.
"How lucky." Compress corrects, bowing his head to the nameless hero. "We'll be off now."
"Hang on, have I seen you around here before?" The hero asks, his hand making contact with your arm. "I recognise you."
You pause, snapping your eyes to Compress who doesn't seem to flinch at the mans question.
"I was on TV once. Maybe you recognise me from that."

You decide to tell the half truth based solely on the fact he'd touched you. It had immediately set you on edge. Not because you didn't like being touched, that never bothered you much. But the sheer urgency of the way his hand made contact with your arm told you his Quirk must have something to do with touch, and you wouldn't be surprised if it was some kind of polygraph Quirk.
"A game show wasn't it dear?" Compress chimes in, happily. "A shame you didn't win."
The heroes grip loosens slightly as his eyes bounce between the two of you, doubt still written over his features. He lets go eventually after Compress holds his gaze for a few seconds.

"Alright guys. Have a good evening." He says, remaining still in his spot even as Compress bids him a good evening, bowing again before wrapping his arm around your waist and pulling you away.
You listen to Compress gush about wedding plans and guest lists with little hums of agreement until you both reach a suitable distance from the hero.
"Fuck." You breathe out. "You couldn't have turned up a better time."
"I aim to please." Compress says. "Shame about the ring, but I'm sure we can find others to sell."
He removes his arm from around your waist. "Shigaraki has been looking for you."

"Ah, so it was a man hunt." You quip. "I think I'll go back to the hero, thanks."
Compress gives a gentle laugh.
"No man hunt. He was insistent you be found before we go to our new home."
"Home?" You query, the word rolling off your tongue unfamiliarly.
Compress simply nods as he walks beside you towards a Warp Gate in another alleyway.
"Wait." You say before stepping through. "How did you even know it was me? My back was turned."

Compress turns his face to look at you, that same warm smile on his face.
"Oh please." He says. "I'd know the sound of those ankles anywhere."