Compromising.

"You're not being serious." You say calmly.
Almost too calmly for the storm raging inside of you, actually. The statement doesn't even leave you as a question like you'd actually intended in reaction to the bombshell Tomura had just dropped.
"I am." He replies just as calmly, but there's a fire behind those ruby eyes that only someone who knows him well would recognise.
He wasn't going to back down on this.
"Do you know just how selfish you're being?" You ask, your voice trembling despite your rage.
This again. He'd be so much better, and then he'd drop back into his selfish ways, being completely unwilling to compromise or even consider the fact he may be wrong.

"I'll be back before Tomo's born." He promises, moving to bump his forehead against yours affectionately.
You take a step back, refusing his attempts at physical affection. "Barely. What if something happens while you're away? What if he comes early?"

"He won't. Doc said he's coming along fine. No signs of complications." Tomura says, his voice full of certainty.
"You don't need complications for them to come early!" You reply, throwing your hands up in exasperation. "Sometimes it just happens!"
Besides, you couldn't put it past Garaki to lie to him, or you both, just to get his way. Ultimately, he worked for All For One, after all. His priority was his master, and then Tomura by succession.

Tomura sighs, looking down the hallway as if willing one of his grunts to appear and pull him out of this situation.
"You're meant to want to stick around. You should want to be there to see him grow." You continue, your voice shaking ever so slightly. "You should want to be there for me."
"I do." He replies, actually sounding a little conflicted. "I do want to be there for you both."
"Then stay." You say, the words leaving you like you're pleading rather than commanding it like you want to.
He reaches for your hand, hooking two fingers around your ring and pinky finger, his eyes softening slightly as he looks at you, his cracked lips pulling downward.
"We're going to be parents, you can't just keep looking out for yourself and not us."

"I look out for you both constantly." Tomura replies, his wrinkled brow furrowing. "I made sure that we have somewhere good to raise him. I got you back when you were taken. I make sure everyone is attentive to your needs-"
"What about you?" You cut him off. "Are you attentive to my needs?"
His lips press into a thin, scarred and cracked line. "Yes."
"Besides sexually?" You ask, not caring when someone passes you both.
His brows pull together even further. "Yes."
You look at him exhaustedly, close to resigning yourself on changing his mind, and try to shake your hand free of his touch, only for him to grip your fingers tighter.
"Stop being difficult. You'll make Tomo-"

You violently shake his grip off you at that. "I'm being difficult? You've asked to fuck off into a laboratory for three months, cutting it fine with my due date, and I'm being difficult about it? How awful for you."
Tomura looks at you as though you're a misbehaving child, eyes glancing to the side as more people walk past you both. "Let's go to our room."
"Why? Am I embarrassing you?"

"This is private. Use your brain." He replies instantly, his lips pulling into a half-snarl. "People can't know I'll be away for months."
He had a point, and you knew it, but neither of you wanted to back down in this argument.
He wanted to go through with Garaki's experiments, and you wanted him around to see you and Tomo grow.

And then suddenly, as if aware of the argument, you finally feel a flutter in your stomach for the first time, the sensation making your eyes widen, your hand instinctively landing on your small bump.
Tomura's body language changes immediately, his expression changing from a look of stubborn anger to a look of pure concern, his face almost a little owlish as he reaches for you, his hand landing on your waist.
"I told you to stop." He starts, although his words aren't snarky, and are riddled with worry. "Are you okay? Let's sit down."
"He-" You begin to say, your breath catching when the flutter in your stomach happens again, your stomach flexing slightly under your hand. "Holy shit."