Boundaries.

You had known it was too good to be true from the second you saw there were lights on inside the large, white house. You had known it wasn't abandoned from the second you spotted the car on the driveway.
And as soon as you stood in front of the pile of ash on the couch, with everyone else seeming to deliberately avoid it, everything you'd known in silence had been cemented in your mind.
"Please tell me this isn't what I think it is, Tomura." You say, raising an eyebrow as you point at the ashes laying over the couch.

He simply rolls his eyes towards the pile of dust before rolling them back towards the TV in front of him.
"So we're on borrowed time then." You sigh. "Can someone please get me something to clean this up?"
"I'll go." Twice chirps up. "Do it yourself."
You watch as he leaves the room, a raised eyebrow at his contradictory statement.
"So what's the plan for when we have to move on?" You ask Tomura. "Someone is bound to check in on whoever lived here at some point."
"She was old." Dabi explains. "Would've died from a heart attack if she'd seen him anyway."

"Yeah yeah, Frankenstein's monster." You poke back. "None of us are going to be a welcoming sight at the moment."
"Ouch." Dabi says, despite the smirk on his face.
Twice returns with a dustpan and brush, passing it to you eagerly.
"Thanks, Jin." You sigh, your knees cracking as you bend to clean up the stray bits of dust.
"Shouldn't Shigaraki clean that up?" Dabi asks, immediately getting a glare from Tomura. "You killed her after all."
You pause, turning your head to look between Dabi and Tomura. Both seemed to be standing their ground, neither ones eyes moving from the others.

"It's fine." You sigh, shaking your head. "It's easier if I do it."
"Oi." Dabi says, addressing Tomura and cocking his head. "You're gonna let her clean up your mess?"
Everyone falls silent, all eyes on Dabi for a second before they all turn their attention to Tomura, all of them seeming expectant.
Tomura growls and swipes his hand over the leather seat beside him, sending the particles flying over the floor, some of them flicking dangerously close to your face.
"There." He hisses.

"A little disrespectful." You mutter, ignoring the glare that Tomura throws your way.
You stand again, sighing when your knees crack in complaint.
"Is there a bath?" You ask, more to anyone other than Tomura, who looked like he hadn't moved from the couch since getting there, his feet planted firmly on the coffee table in front of him.
"A big, big one!" Toga says, bouncing up and down. "Tomura said-"
A snap of his eyes is enough to make the girl falter and hush.
"That's all I need to know." You breathe out. "Thank you Toga."

You run your hand up the wall as you walk up the stairs, your fingers grazing the wallpaper underneath the photographs that say atop it. Old, sepia photos of what you can only assume was the previous occupants life. Average. Normal.
Wedding photos, graduation photos...
You wonder what kind of photos you may have of yourself had if Mom was still alive.
You decide not to dwell on it for too long. Nothing good came out of thinking about Mom for too long.
A good bath, and you'll be right as rain.
You just needed to soothe the ache in your bones, and then the sour mood would go.
You'd be you again.

-

"Go away." You mutter, half asleep as you feel the bed shift on one side. "Sleeping."
Theres no response, just more shifting onto the bed.
"Leave me alone." You repeat, still not opening your eyes.
"We're alone now." Tomura responds.
You ignore him, praying if you just pretend to be asleep he'd fall asleep too. But no, his fingers skirt over the bare skin under your shirt.
"I said leave me alone." You practically hiss. "Keep your hands to yourself."

"Please." He whispers lowly, his cracked lips ghosting over the back of your neck.
"Please." You scoff. "What are you, begging? Come on, Tomura."
He stiffens beside you for a second before pressing his lips properly to the back of your neck.
"Please..." He whispers again. "I got this house for you. Like you said."
You sigh, rolling over to face Tomura, managing to get him to snatch his hand away from you in fear of touching you without intending to.
"Tomura. I am in a lot of pain. I've been without painkillers for weeks. All I've wanted is a bath and a good nights sleep. I don't ask much from you, but please, just leave me alone to sleep."

His red eyes trace over your face for a second, an unreadable expression on his face, it almost looked a little thoughtful, maybe scheming? Unusual for you, Tomura was practically a open book after knowing him for so many years. You knew when he was angry, sad, scheming, or about to attack.
He huffs after a couple seconds, before budging over, giving the space you hadn't had for the entire time you'd both been without Sensei. Without the bar.
He turns to his other side, his hands hanging off the edge of the bed.

You hadn't expected him to actually listen. Tomura was nothing if not stubborn, having been taught by Sensei for years that whatever he wanted he should take, whether it by by force or threats.
You blink at the back of his head in disbelief a couple of times, half admiring the way the moonlight through the cracks in the curtains reflected off his pale blue hair.
"Thank you." You whisper lowly to him.
He simply grunts in response, his shoulders shifting with the sound.

"By the way." You add, truly testing your luck now. "It's not just me you got the house for."
Theres a short, pregnant silence in the room for a few seconds, and with his back to you you can't quite gauge what he's thinking or feeling.
"Yeah." He grunts. "I know."