Forwards.

The second you stepped into the living room, all eyes were on you. Knowing looks being focused entirely on you instead of Tomura who sat on a single seated chair with his back to you, only the top of his messy blue hair visible over the back of the chair.
You fight back a blush as Twice moves off the sofa for you to sit there instead, over aware of all of their eyes on you.
You particularly feel weighed down by Togas yellow, sharp gaze, a wide grin on her young face, showing her sharp, almost feline canines. Even Dabis cold eyes seem even colder with the smirk sat on his face, the staples seeming to buckle in his cheek on one side.

As you silently take the seat Jin gave up for you, you keep your head down. Praying that none of them would say anything. Especially not Dabi, knowing his smart mouth.
"Nice of you to join us." Dabi drawls, his voice immediately making your shoulders dart up. "Tired, huh?"
They all snigger slightly.
"Shut up, all of you. And listen." Tomura says, his voice sounding bored as he picks at the melon cut up on the table in front of everyone. "We need to find somewhere new to stay soon."

"I suppose if the police are sniffing around already, it's a good idea to start looking." Magne sighs, hanging her head back off the back of the sofa. "What a pain."
You lean forward, picking up one of the pieces of melon too, cupping your hand underneath to catch the juices as they fall.
"I still have lots of blood!" Toga pouts. "Why've we gotta move? I like it here."
"Yeah!" Twice defends. "She did a good job yesterday. There's no rush! Such a bad actress."

"What about the phone?" You mumble. "If we can find the phone we can sort out whoever called for the welfare check, right?"
Tomuras eyes move to the side.
"Ooh! Yeah! Lets find the phone!" Toga says eagerly, leaning over the table, looking at Tomura but pointing at you.
"If there was a phone we would have found it already." Spinner says from his position, sitting cross legged on the floor beside Twice.
"Spinner has a point." Compress pipes up. "We found the keys to the car outside after all. Those would have been awfully more tricky to find than a mobile."
"Well, there is a phone. There's got to be one." You say, sticking to your guns. Your mind ticks over, thinking about where the phone could be. You definitely hadn't noticed one lying around yet.

Until you remember the pile of ash that had been on the seat that you were currently sat on right now.
You roll your eyes over to Tomura.
"Unless..."
The other members seem to catch your drift, each of them looking over at Tomura with distrustful gazes.
"I said we have to move soon, so we're moving." He says firmly, finally. His eyes snapping over to them all.
Toga whines dramatically, her eyebrows beginning to furrow.
"I don't want to!" She yells. "And you said we could do whatever we wanted!"

Theres a painful silence for a second as the two stare coldly at each other.
"Stay then." Tomura says carelessly with a mouthful of melon. He gives a small shrug, clearly trying to call her bluff.
She huffs, swinging her head away from his look, her bottom lip poking out.
His eyes roll away from her.
"We need new recruits."
You raise an eyebrow. He hadn't mentioned this.
You mull it over even as he's explaining himself to the others, your brain doing the maths for you. New recruits could be helpful in so many different ways, it almost surprised you that you hadn't thought of it before as well.

New recruits meant you would have people unrecognised by the public that could go out and about and retrieve groceries, first aid goods, burner phones, anything the League could desire would be within reach without having to consistently rely on Togas Quirk.
If you managed to get a recruit with money, or a decent house, maybe  even some kind of hospitality business, you'd all be able to have a place to stay.
Plus, boosted numbers were great. There were only eight of you against thousands of heroes in Japan currently.

"When you go, go in teams." Tomura says, leaning back in his seat. "Meeting place is the warehouse."
Your eyes flit over Tomuras nonchalant pose, his feet up on the coffee table, his head resting in his palm as if he didn't have a care in the world.
He had listened. He'd taken his time to think about an actual, workable plan moving forward without relying on Sensei, and stood up as a leader.
All without running it by you once.
As much as you were proud of him for growing, you couldn't ignore the lump that sat at the back of your throat.

He ran everything by you first. Even as kids whenever he had plans, or wanted to do something- whether Sensei would have approved of it or not, he would always tell you first.
He never would admit it, always claiming as a child that you may know how things would work out because of how many books you read, that you were bound to have seen similar ideas before and how they panned out, even if it was purely based in fiction.
But you knew it was because he knew that out of the two of you, you were the more analytical one. You were the one that thought with your brain and not your hatred.

The League members all seem to agree, nodding and speaking among themselves around you. You pan your eyes around them all, reading their expressions. They all seemed excited, lively, like they were all someone that had finally been given purpose to their lives.
Even Kurogiri was engaging in conversation as he cleared the plates away.
The lump dissipates as your lips pull upwards into a smile, unknowingly being affected by the atmosphere in the room. You can't really even remember the last time you smiled. Maybe that was the reason why Dabi said you always looked so 'fucking sad'.

You move your eyes over to Tomura again, who's eyes were resting entirely on you as he sat there, looking as though he didn't have a care in the world.
You hadn't expected his eyes to be on you before you even looked at him though.
Especially seeing them scan over your face and body as though he was only bothered about your reaction, like you were the only one in the room.

And for the first time in your life, you actually genuinely felt seen, listened to and important to Tomura.