{Part Two: Emerald Tempest} Chapter Twenty-Three: Shattered City I

At the start of the next moon, You rise in preparation of the battle ahead. Seraphine appears beside You.

Seraphine: Even after being given some chance to mull all of this over, I still don't know what to say... I know that we've learned the truth of our origins, but... It's still so much to think about all at once.

You say that You are going to do what You can to help push forward to the end of the war even so.

Seraphine: I understand... And I'm glad to hear you say so, truth be told. I know that we've learned a lot in terms of horrifying events as of late, and hearing that you're just as determined as ever... It brings me more hope than I would have originally expected, truth be told.

You smile and say that You are going to see this through to the end no matter what.

Seraphine: That's the spirit... We should probably go and tell the Knights of Seiros about everything that we've learned though. They're going to need to know about the Agarthans' plans to potentially resurrect Nemesis.

You nod and make your way to the cardinals' room as Seraphine dissipates in your wake. The Knights of Seiros are already there.

Cordelia: There you are, Professor... How are you doing? We heard that Janae was awake... That you know that she's awake.

You nod and say that You have spoken to her, and she says that she is doing well.

Cordelia: That's good to hear... I must admit that I was a bit worried. You ran off so suddenly in the aftermath of our last battle. We didn't get the chance to talk much after the fact.

You say that You spoke with Evenor.

Kaeta: Wait... You actually had the chance to talk to her before she ran away?!

Derric: Don't hold back then! What did you learn?

You explain all that You heard from Evenor about the plan to revive Nemesis as a way of perpetuating the Agarthans' revenge at being forced to hide beneath the ground. You choose to leave out what You heard in relation to your past, instead concentrating solely on the goal of your foes.

Piers: Nemesis... One of the most significant figures in this continent's history.

Wynne: He killed the goddess many years ago, did he not?

You nod and say that Evenor implied as much.

Miriam: And it seems as if the Agarthans are upset at the people of the surface even still.

Yuliya: We weren't the ones who forced them underground though. The direct children of the goddess did that, didn't they?

Cassia: Perhaps not, but that's still enough of a connection as far as they're concerned.

Rodain: At the very least, they haven't succeeded yet in finding someone to uphold this position of Nemesis. That means something good for us.

Cordelia: They've been trying to do this for decades, it seems... It's incredible how much has been happening without us even realizing.

Cassia: The reasoning behind the experimentation was always meant to serve the Agarthans... Other people were just caught up as test subjects.

Derric: I can't believe that they would willingly hurt so many people in the name of something like this...

Piers: They've made their choices, and if that's what they want to do, then we'll just have to find a way to stop them.

Miriam: I agree. They made their decision, and we've made ours as well... The Shambhala invasion remains our next step.