{Part Two} Forsaken Wishes (Cyrus x Druilla)

You walk through Abyss while speaking with the others at the monastery. Along the way, You overhear a discussion between Cyrus and Druilla, and You pause to listen in a bit closer.

Cyrus: You don't think they're trying to cause problems for us, do you?

Druilla: I can't think of anything else they would want to do. What else would they be aiming for?

Cyrus: I-I know that, but... I don't know. I guess I had been hoping we would have a break for once.

Druilla: If only... Still, I think we both know what we need to do.

Cyrus: Do you think we should go and take care of this on our own?

Druilla: ...I do.

Cyrus: I don't think the others are going to like that.

Druilla: Maybe not. But this shouldn't need to be their fight in the first place. We're the ones who know about things like this, and it wouldn't be right to drag them into it.

Cyrus: ...Okay then. I'll go on and get everything ready.

You approach them and ask what they are talking about.

Cyrus: P-Professor!

Druilla: We're not talking about anything. You have nothing to worry about.

You shake your head and say that it sounds like they were going off to take care of a battle on their own.

Cyrus: That's... It's not... We weren't going to...

Druilla: ...I suppose there's nothing we could hide from you even if we wanted to.

Cyrus: You're going to admit to it? Just like that?

Druilla: We've already been caught, haven't we?

Cyrus: ...I suppose so.

Druilla: Right now, we're getting ready to take care of a rogue faction of Agarthan fighters. It seems they're planning on causing trouble for us soon, and it would be best if we got rid of them as soon as possible.

You ask why they were going to do that on their own when it would be much better to rely on others.

Cyrus: I... We thought it would be better for everyone involved. We had been hoping we would be able to take care of things before anyone else realized what we were up to.

Druilla: But it seems we jumped to conclusions on the matter. If you really want to join us, then I would ask that you prepare quickly so we can leave as soon as possible.

Cyrus: It would be best if we took care of this as soon as we can. I don't want anyone to get hurt because we didn't move as quickly as we could have.

You nod and say that You will be ready soon.

Druilla: Good... There's not much time to lose.

You prepare for the battle to come, and You set out with Cyrus and Druilla once everything is in order. You are unsure of what to expect from this fight, and You can only hope that they will fill You in on everything You should know before You arrive at your destination. Even so, much of the journey there is quiet, and You do not know how to handle it. You feel as if You should be saying something, but You cannot bring yourself to open the conversation.

Before You get the chance to find your footing or your words, You arrive at your destination. You ask Cyrus and Druilla what You should know before the fight starts.