{Part Two: Crimson Flower} Chapter Eighteen: Ideals of the False II

At the end of the moon, You rise to your feet and prepare to head for the cardinals' room to meet with the Black Eagles.

Seraphine: I wonder what we're going to be doing this moon... We still don't have any details on what our plan is for the next fight, so I guess we'll just have to hear it from Chris once we go back up there and see her and the rest.

You nod your agreement and go to open the door. However, You are cut off by someone harshly knocking at the door instead. You frown and open it. On the other side, You see Morgana, her expression solemn and worried. You ask her what has happened.

Morgana: Come to the front of the monastery.

You ask what is wrong.

Morgana: It's the emperor... It seems he's had enough of us and has decided to try to wipe out our rebellion. He and the rest of his forces are just outside the monastery, and we have to do what we can to push back against them. We need your help.

Your eyes go wide, and You run after her. Seraphine speaks to You along the way.

Seraphine: We knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but I'm still nervous about how this is going to turn out... I hope the others are alright.

You follow Morgana to the front of the monastery and see the Black Eagles gathered there. Chris is standing at the front of the group, a frown on her face. You ask her what the plan is.

Chris: There's only one thing we can do... We're going to stand and fight back.

Florence: There are so many enemy forces though... What can we do about it?

Callisto: We may have lost the Battle of Garreg Mach, but we can't let that happen again.

Aquillus: This is our chance to defeat him early and end the war here and now.

Polly: I doubt it's going to be that easy, but we have to try no matter what.

Zelhira: Even if we can't do that, we have to do something to defend this place.

Herwig: I agree. If we get wiped out here, everything is going to be over for us.

Liram: We should be ready to start fighting as soon as the command is given.

Tuncay: In that case, I guess it's time for us to get into position to push back.

Morgana: We'll be fine. As long as we do everything we can to succeed, we're going to be okay.

Hegias: I'm counting on all of you to come back after the fight this time... Alive and in one piece.

Chris: And we will. Just... Do what you can to fight. That's the best option we have right now, and we can't afford to slack off now. Let's go and take him on... Argades has done more than enough to the continent, and it's time for him to get a taste of his own medicine.

You nod and watch as the Black Eagles scatter to their position. You approach Chris briefly and ask if she is ready for the fight at hand.

Chris: Honestly... I have no idea, but I'm going to do what I can to keep fighting. That has to count for something, right?

You nod.

Chris: The best thing we can do for ourselves at this point is lash out with everything we have. Everyone is counting on us, and I'm not just talking about the people in this group. We're going to be fine... The Battle of Garreg Mach won't repeat itself. I promise.