{Part Two: Paralogue} Claws of White (Quinn x Tsubasa)

While doing your regular rounds through the monastery, You run into Tsubasa. You notice she seems oddly unfocused, instead turning her attention only to a page in her hands. You ask her what is wrong.

Tsubasa: Oh, Professor... I didn't mean to run into you like that. I should have been a bit more careful.

You ask her once again what is bothering her since You know this behavior is out of character for her.

Tsubasa: I got a rather... Unsettling report recently, and I want to go and investigate it as soon as possible. All I need now is for a certain someone to give me the okay for it...

You watch Quinn approach You, a small frown on her face.

Quinn: You said you wanted to see me, Tsubasa? Is something the matter?

Tsubasa: As a matter of fact, yes. We've run into a bit of a problem. Our enemy is acting up again, and I need to go and do something about it.

Quinn: Start from the beginning. What exactly is going on?

Tsubasa: ...Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience with the group we've been fighting against recently. I wish I could say otherwise, but... I spent many years living with them when I was younger and didn't have any other place to go. I know a lot about the ways in which they operate, at least to some degree.

Quinn: I knew that... But what does it have to do with the report you just received? Did something bad happen?

Tsubasa: They used me and a few other children around my age as messengers and deliverers for their goods. It wasn't as if we had a choice in the matter. They were keeping us there by force, and running would have been an easy way to end up in an early grave. I had to do a lot of things I'm not proud of when I was there, and now... I think they might be trying something unsettling again.

Quinn: What do you mean by that?

Tsubasa: I received an intelligence report an hour ago saying that the enemy is trying to get their hands on other people who will be able to do that intelligence work for them... And as I'm sure you can imagine, the people in question are bound to be children who don't really have any way to escape. That was how they got away with it with me and so many others for all those years, and they're going to want to repeat it.

Quinn: You want to go off and rescue them... That's what this is about, yes?

Tsubasa: In part. The report I received says that they're going to try and target a place you know well... They want to take children from an orphanage in Duscur.

Quinn: W-What?!

Tsubasa: As it turns out, Duscur has been struggling a lot lately because of the war. The enemy wants to take advantage of that to make their way in and out with a few children to use as their messengers from now on. I can't condone that though, so I'm going to do what I can to save them. I figured you would want to come with me. After all, Duscur is your home country, and you wouldn't want to just leave them out to dry like that.

Quinn: You would be correct... I don't want to abandon them that way. I don't think I ever could. It's too horrible to even entertain thinking about.

Tsubasa: In that case, that settles that. We should go try and take care of this as soon as possible. I don't want anything bad to happen because we spent a bit too much time getting ready for this mission. That's not going to help anyone, but it could hurt a lot of people.

Quinn: I understand. We should depart at once... After we've gathered a small group to come with us, that is. If a battle truly awaits us at the end of this path, we need to be ready to face it.

Fódlan Alternative IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें