{Part Two: Ascendent Star} Chapter Thirty-Five: Eclipse on Earth I

At the start of the following moon, You awaken from your slumber and begin to prepare for the day. Seraphine speaks to You as per usual.

Seraphine: This is it then... This is going to be one of the last times we get the chance to do this.

You nod and say that You are uncertain as to how You should feel about that.

Seraphine: I don't know either. There's a part of me that's glad we're finally going to be able to escape the sway of the war, but at the same time... This is all we've known for so long. So much time has passed since we woke up again, and I... I don't know if I'll be ready to leave the monastery after this.

You say that You will have a lot to think about regarding the future, and You are certain that everyone else will feel much the same way.

Seraphine: I'm a bit nervous to hear what everybody else is planning on doing now that we're finally near the end of the war... I know this is for the best and that we need to be able to leave all of this in the past, but... It'll be strange to leave everyone. I know we couldn't be expected to stay here in the monastery forever, especially since it was only because of the war that we were here together in the first place, but... I don't know. It's a lot to think about, isn't it?

You nod and say that You are going to give the upcoming battle every bit of energy You have so that You can finally make this right.

Seraphine: I hope that's all it will take... I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, huh?

You decide to make your way up to the cardinals' room from there. As is to be expected, the leaders of the army are already there waiting for You, but something heavy hangs in the hair around them. You already know what they are thinking without needing to ask. They are every bit as nervous about having to leave Garreg Mach as You are, and even though this is the chance of a lifetime, no one quite knows what to do with it.

Magnolia: Ah, Professor... It's nice to see you here. We were about to start planning out our last battle.

Your eyes go wide, and You ask if she is certain this will be the last fight of the war.

Raithius: That's certainly what it's seeming like... Assuming everything goes according to our current plan, that is.

Cordelia: As it turns out, we were right about Samiya and Tagusol's alliance being less than stable. It was just looking for an excuse to shatter, and now that Evenor is gone, it has.

Chris: We received reports earlier that the two of them are preparing to march on one another. It seems that they've decided that if they can't win the war together, the least they can do is try to take out their enemy.

Aisa: I cannot say I am surprised that it has come to this... They never cared much for one another, and they were preparing for the chance to tear one another apart.

Eli: An alliance of convenience like that won't last for long as long as they have no reason to hold faith in one another... And at long last, their confidence has crumbled in full.

Chris: We should take advantage of this chance as long as we have it. Something tells me we won't get an opportunity like this again.

Aisa: If all goes well, we should be able to get rid of them both in a single battle... Imagine how much easier that would make our lives.

Cordelia: And it would completely end the war... It's hard to believe we're finally at the end of it after all this time.

Raithius: I knew the war was going to end one of these days, but it's strange to actually be there now. It's been ages since we first met up with each other again, and now...