{Part Two: Silver Snow} Chapter Seventeen: Overdue Defeat II

When the end of the month arrives, You prepare to set out for the battle at hand, starting by reading yourself to meet with the others in the cardinals' room. Seraphine speaks to You along the way.

Seraphine: This should be it... And if all goes well, we should finally be able to push through Schweighen territory and help to isolate the Malice problem in the Kingdom as much as possible. I hope that this gives Magnolia the help that she needs in order to finally finish things there...

You nod and say that You hope for much the same as You finally leave your room for the cardinals' room. There, the regular group is gathered.

Cordelia: Our mission is a simple one. We shouldn't need to prepare too much given that we did much of this work last moon, but either way, the goal remains the same.

Nesreen: Exactly... And if all goes according to plan, we should be able to use the troops Magnolia sent us to wipe out the Schweighen rebellion.

Reese: I received a letter from her yesterday evening... She's planning on sending us a few extra reinforcements when we arrive in the area.

Jill: What kind of reinforcements? I didn't think that she would be able to spare anybody else given the circumstances.

Reese: One of her finest fighters, as far as I can tell... You might remember her, as a matter of fact. Luciana was a student in the Blue Lions the year before the war started.

Herwig: I do remember her... She was in the same year as Darian, if I recall correctly. It's good to know that she's doing well.

Adrian: I'm looking forward to seeing her again when we arrive then. It's been far too long since we were last able to talk.

Niko: If everything has been taken care of regarding preparations, then I suppose we should go on and set out now, huh?

Roy: I agree. We're not going to be able to win this battle from here, so we might as well get to it sooner rather than later.

Aisa: Of course. Let us depart at once, everyone.

Over the course of the next few hours, You cut through familiar Faerghus lands to reach the border of Schweighen territory where You fought last moon. You glance around the area with the others before stopping to speak with them.

Adrian: This is where we were last moon, and it seems as if the lord of the house has been too shaken up to send out any new patrols.

Reese: If I had to bet, I would say that he knows that we're coming after him and has decided to crack down on fortifying the main estate instead.

Jill: I doubt we'll see much resistance from the civilians given what happened last moon. All we need to do now is press forward and take care of the battle itself.

Herwig: Hold on for a moment... I see someone approaching on the horizon. If I had to guess, our backup has arrived.

Soon afterwards, a woman on a horse rides over to the rest of your party, and she dismounts as soon as she has the chance. Her hair is brown and tied back carefully, and she clearly wears the colors that indicate Faerghus loyalty. The woman, Luciana, bows kindly to your part with one hand to her chest.

Luciana: I'm glad that we were able to rendezvous before you all traveled any deeper into Kingdom territory. I didn't want you to begin the battle without me.

Niko: You're the backup that the queen decided to send us, huh? We're glad to have you here, Luciana.

Luciana: Magnolia regrets not being able to be here herself, but there was simply too much happening in the capital for her to get away.