{Part Two: Silver Snow} Chapter Eighteen: An Erased History II

At the end of the moon, You awaken from your slumber earlier than You usually do. Seraphine yawns within your mind before speaking.

Seraphine: You can feel it too, can't you? We shouldn't stay asleep any longer than we already have. There's something wrong.

You nod and say that You are confident that something has changed and gone wrong since You were last conscious.

Seraphine: I feel like we can already guess what it is without heading out of here, but we're going to have to see what the rest of the world is thinking of this soon.

You open your mouth to respond, but You are cut off by a sharp knock to the door.

Roy: We were right about the Empire launching an attack, Professor. Get ready. Everyone is preparing to defend the monastery. We'll meet you in front of the monastery as soon as you're finished.

You tell him that You will be there soon.

Seraphine: I knew it... I wonder if Argades will be the one behind this. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. We could certainly use the chance to get back at him after all that he did five years ago.

You nod and grab your sword before leaving your room and making your way to the front of the monastery. When You arrive, You see that Roy was right about the attack. There are more troops than You would have expected, and You stare out over the invading forces that march ever nearer to the monastery as the rest of your close allies close in around You.

Reese: There are more of them than I thought... I suppose that's what I get for having any expectations of what the enemy invaders were going to be like.

Jill: There aren't as many as there were five years ago... And I don't see Argades anywhere among the enemy forces.

Adrian: It would be rather easy to pick him out, I would imagine. He's the emperor, and I imagine that he would be well defended with that title, but...

Niko: If you ask me, somebody else has to be leading these forces, but I'm not quite sure who could be behind it.

Aisa: It is her.

You and the rest of your allies turn to look at her.

Roy: You're talking about the leader of the Malice forces, aren't you?

Aisa: I am. She is here... And she seeks nothing less than complete destruction of our forces.

Roy: Then we'll simply have to show her that we have no intentions of falling here.

Cordelia: She'll see soon enough that we won't go down so easily. She shouldn't have come here to begin with.

Nesreen: But as long as she's here, we might as well take advantage of this and try to end our strife here and now.

Herwig: I doubt that will come as easily as we would have liked, but I suppose that having high hopes never hurts.

Aisa: We will not be able to defeat her here... I am certain of that. She is the strongest warrior that still lives. We will have to fight with our all to simply maintain the monastery after today.

Cordelia: Either way, we know what must be done, and I'm not going to let her walk over us if there's something I can do to fight back.

Roy: You're right. We still need to defend the monastery and the people around it. Into your defensive positions, everyone!

You nod before falling into your position. You look over to see Aisa staring down at the forces still, and something about her gaze is detached and concerned. You ask how she is feeling about it.