Red String

•••

•••

•••

"Davina...Davina, wake up."

Fane gently shook the witch by her shoulders, running a gentle hand through her tussled curls as the young girl woke with a gasp. The vampire hushed her, clasping her shoulders firmly as she instinctively recoiled before letting out a sigh in relief at his face. "You had another nightmare." Fane stated, it wasn't a question but Davina nodded anyways as she sat up.

"Yes."

Fane returned Davina to the compound. Febe assisted the young girl with a bath before Fane put her to sleep in his bed, his twin now in the kitchens brewing a pot of tea for the young girl, and Regulus insisted on making a sandwich for her to eat. Hayley stayed in the bayou with the wolves and Andromeda and the other Originals, save Rebekah, were trapped in the cemetery until moonrise. Kol already sent Fane a video of Klaus kicking Elijah's arse into one of the nearby mausoleums.

"I brought you some things."

Fane grabbed a nearby bag, setting it on the nightstand. "A new sketchbook, canvases, charcoal...acrylics and pencils. Candles, soap, and a few other things. I'm afraid most of your things were lost in the fire at the plantation house, but I can go shopping for whatever you'd like." The vampire stopped, observing Davina as the witch stared off into space, hugging her knees to her chest tightly. "Davina..." Fane slowly knelt by the side of the bed, reaching out to gently turn her chin so her honey orbs locked with his.

"I don't know what you went through. But I know what the Other Side is like. And I know how unforgiving the Ancestors can be..." Davina only blinked at him as Fane gazed at her intently.

"What did they do? Tell me, so I can help you."

"...Nothing." Davina breathed out after a long pause, honey orbs appearing dim as she shook her head. "There was nothing. It was cold, empty, and dark, and it went on forever." Fane listened, but noticed as the young witch wouldn't meet his gaze. "I don't wanna talk about it. Please, Fane, don't make me." She whispered, and the vampire nodded slowly.