Dance Back From the Grave

"'No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;  Am an attendant lord, one that will do  To swell a progress, start a scene or two,  Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,  Deferential, glad to be of use,  Politic, cautious, and meticulous;...

Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;  Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool.'
"

Andromeda sat underneath a large apple tree on the plantation, the sun filtering through the leaves as she laid on a large blue woolen blanket with Regulus spread out next to her as she read aloud. "'I grow old... I grow old...  I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.'" Andy recited, her brother leaning his head over her shoulder to peer at the book before both looked up as Elijah's voice was heard.

"'Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.'
"

"'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock'. Very good." Andy smiled up at him, and Elijah chuckled as he ruffled Reggie's curls before moving to sit besides her. "Why are you reciting poetry about a spiritual crisis, and life after death?" He questioned, and Andy just gave him a sad smile. "Because it raises the question, is there more waiting for us than a supernatural purgatory for immortal beings such as us." She breathed, and Elijah hummed in response, warm oak eyes staring into her ocean orbs. "You're thinking of Davina." He observed, and the elemental could only shrug.

"She helped Marcel ban the witches from doing magic and persecuted them for months. I'm sure that the Ancestors aren't too happy with her."

"No, I would suppose not." Elijah breathed, and Andy looked away as she ran a hand through Reggie's tousled curls. "The Harvest was working. I felt the magic return to the earth, and so did Febe." She stated, biting her lip in thought. "All that power, and it just disappeared? It doesn't make sense." Elijah clicked his tongue, reaching out to cup her chin so that she met his gaze. "We will figure it out. Don't you worry." Her Original reassured her, and Andy could only smile softly as he brushed his hand across her cheek. "Fane has been drinking his way through the Quarter with Marcel. The bodies keep piling up, and my sister and I have been cleaning up his mess. Of course, I'm worried."

"Our brother is grieving. All we can do is be there for him, now, come inside." Elijah instructed, helping Andy to her feet and grabbing Reggie's hand as he led them back inside.

"Niklaus has called a meeting for the vampires in the Abbattoir." Her Original shared, and Andy hummed as she leaned against the kitchen counter. "I suppose you'll be making your way there." She replied dryly, and Elijah let out a sigh as he cupped her cheek. "The twins and Kol will be there as well. It would be good for you to leave the house." He breathed, and Andy kissed the inside of his palm. "Very well." She murmured, and Elijah kissed her deeply for a moment, before pulling away. "Regulus, grab your coat. We should be going." He instructed, and Reggie rushed ahead of them as Elijah helped Andy into her jacket.